+ Visit Scunthorpe United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Deon Burton

Deon Burton

Good news that he could be back sometime in March. It's no coincidence that our best spell of the season was when Russ took over giving the team a free rein to attack and Burton was there linking play superbly.

We've seen since that none of the other three strikers have come close to his consistency when trying to play that role. I'd love Madden and Winnall to prove me wrong but it's square pegs in round holes so far.

re: Deon Burton

Sooner the better I think.

Sods law is bound to poo on us later this season. We will have Burton and Jennings back, more strikers than a box of swan vestas, then we'll lose Mirfin or Canavan to injury.

Yes, no proven central defensive cover.

and just how good is Severn? Let's hope Slocombe stays fit.

There does seem to be plenty of options up front and to a certain extent in midfield,but the squad looks a bit thin for experience at the back, although I am sure Mr Dawson could provide cover.

Looks like Deon has gone for a Burton. Have we seen the last of him this season ?

More pressure now to make the Winnall Madden partnership work.

Don't worry about Centre Backs. I sponsored Waterfall and he will be ok although Bryce may be the preferred option. Mirfin a doubt for Pompy game but I believe he will pass his fitness test in the morning.

Bryce eh.

Did you sponsor Bryce as well.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)