+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Wednesday match

re: Wednesday match

Its not often that we play a Wednesday match on a Tuesday, but I do think this is the sort of game that will give a good indication as to where our season will go. An appropriate bellwether perhaps for a bunch of sheep:

Win and people, including me, will believe that automatic could be possible;

Draw and that result suggests we may look like staying safely in the playoff zone;

Lose and look out for Brighton and Wigan...

I fancy a 2-2 draw myself and would be happy with that or better. As someone said, 59 points by Saturday evening would be nice

I think it'll be 1-1. I'd take that too. Sounds odd seeing as we're 4th and they're 17th but it'll be a very tough match.

I'd take a 1-1 too. Maybe a possible Sheffield derby will be at the back of their minds.In which case 1-3!

Quote Originally Posted by Rammer73
    This is too tough to call imo. Classic championship game, any one could win it.
    Have you got splinters in your bum triz from sitting on that wooden fence for so long. [/quote]

TBF im usually predicting we'll lose mate, so this is a step forward for me.

Quote Originally Posted by clough08
    I'm thinking that a draw will be a decent result in this one. They have only lost one in 12, will be itching to get on the pitch after the postponed game and McGuire is guaranteed to score. I'm predicting 1-1
    A load of ram poo boss, the scabs was 16 unbeaten and we turned them over

Have faith me old, I reckon you'l smash em!!

UTB
    FTP

Statistically, it's a tough one to predict.

A point would be satisfactory; 3 points would put us on a real high. I suspect the players will be more than aware of how well we can position ourselves if we get a win. However, Owls are playing pretty well lately so I think the key will be the extent to which the pitch allows us to play our slick counter-break play.

If Bryson and Hughes tick we will win. I'm going for a sneaky 2:1 with a late winner from Martin.

Should be a great atmosphere as we've sold 2840 and you can pay on the night . . 2-0 to the rams

I predict a 2-1 win for Derby. Although I wouldn't be surprised if you replicated Wigan's stroll.

Don't be fooled by their recent unbeaten run ... they're just as capable of putting in a terrible performance as they did when the Wednesday side embarrassed themselves at your place and their fans embarrassed themselves by disrespecting the silence.

I'm going to play the mindless optimist and punt for the ridiculously stupid score of 2 - 5.

Scorers:

Bryson
    Hughes
    Martin (2)
    Forsythe

I can't call this one I'm afraid. You are both ****e at the back, but have goals in you.
    Could a high score draw, or maybe Derby just shading it.

Course, I hope not, you understand(cough)

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)