+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Falkirk

re: Falkirk

That was a very tough one to take . We weren't great in the first half but were the better team in the second and deserved something from it. A soft hand ball award right at the end and we were sunk. We must be due a rub of the green off the men in black because at the moment , nothing is going our way. Another surprise by McIntyre in starting Burns at left midfield . It was down this side in the first half that Falkirk were making lots of inroads with Holt often having two men bearing down on him. We looked far better balanced when Burns went into the middle and Russell went left . To me , McHugh doesn't look any better than what we have and shouldn't start in front of our own signed forwards .Positives were Danny looking hungry when introduced and an eager performance from a player that I am not always convinced bout. Yes , McShane competed and played well.

Very painful. The last goal we let in during open play with 11 men on the park was Alloa on 11 Jan.
    Not a great game, better second half than first, but we did not deserve that.
    Agree that McShane had a good game.
    No idea whether it was a penalty or not, miles away.
    That's the third time in a row I've seen us lose to a late goal at Falkirk.
    Sighs...

Very sore. A draw would've been a fair result. At least the team's now playing as well as anybody in the division, and they say luck evens out over the season. I think we'll finish fifth or sixth, and go on to do better next season.

yeah Falkirk were better in 1st half, but we controlled the 2nd half. So tough to take at the end. Didn't see who handled it, but we definately deserved something from the game.

As during the Dundee game, any big defensive howlers today came from Dowie, gifting a 1 on 1 chance in 1st half to Falkirk which should have put us 1-0 down. He is good most of the time but every now and then drops a clanger. He should be a good back up man for the proven partnership of Durnan/Higgins and I cant understand why the manager keeps breaking it up. (I know Higgins was red carded recently and had to serve a ban but he should have been brought right back in).

I thought Danny Carmichael was really lively when he came on and we looked a different animal after his introduction. Would be nice to see his confidence return and for him to get a run in the team.

Our game awareness is just so bad. Even in our recent mini revival we have :-

- finished a totally winnable away fixture at Morton with 9 men
    - conceded a stupid penalty at Livvy where Mitchell thought he would be clever and nudge the forward and get away with it even although there was no chance of the player scoring
    - gift wrapped the points v Dundee by conceding another penalty and double whammy sending off
    - fail to see the match out today by conceding what looks like a very soft award but if you know that a penalty invariably results in a goal you simply have to be so careful

Teams are not gift wrapping similar awards up for us. We have not had a penalty since the Livvy away game when the Ref blundered badly in the second game of season. If it is not crazy dismissals it is penalties!!

As others have said we were simply awful in first half and it took the Manager an eternity to see that Falkirk's full back Duffy was having the run of the park down the right - he was getting 2 v

Typical rather dour encounter in awkward conditions. Not a lot between two sides trying not to lose.
    As others have said, what was going on with our midfield when Kerr was in the middle and Burnsy was wide LEFT???!!!!
    It was a car crash waiting to happen. Falkirk made hay down their right the whole half, or at least until Paton went off with a tweaked hammy.
    At least when Russell came on Burnsy went to the right and we had more balance.
    Predictably McHugh started ahead of Gavin and, I suppose, the manager was expecting a repeat of the last game. Well, predictably, it didn't work. McHugh didn't miss a sitter and Gavin didn't score.
    What's wrong with starting with your best 11 and with people playing in their best positions?
    Or am I being too Fantasy Football Managerish?
    Can't comment on the pen. Too far away but I was surprised it was given - nothing obvious seemed to have caused it.
    Reasonable second half performance had raised hopes of a deserved draw. Shame!

according to reports it was Chris Mitchell who handled it.

It was a shame that it took an injury & forced substitution to give the team more balance. Hopefully Paton injury isn't too bad.

Next week's game v Dumbarton at home is absolutely crucial now. A win for us and we go 2 points clear in 4th spot. We lose ... they go 4 points clear in 4th.

RJC nails it on the head saying that we continually give gifts to the opposition and they don't reciprocate back. We have been the calamity kids of this division no doubt. This was a comfortable draw at least , infact, we were the team most likely to win and then disaster. Normally , dislike people blaming refs but I am looking for a bit of the "decisions even themselves out over the season" saying to happen now as we are due a few favourable ones .When is the last time we got such a soft , important match winning penalty at the death of a game or any soft one ?

Quote Originally Posted by JRSLEFTPEG
    That was a very tough one to take . We weren't great in the first half but were the better team in the second and deserved something from it. A soft hand ball award right at the end and we were sunk. We must be due a rub of the green off the men in black because at the moment , nothing is going our way. Another surprise by McIntyre in starting Burns at left midfield . It was down this side in the first half that Falkirk were making lots of inroads with Holt often having two men bearing down on him. We looked far better balanced when Burns went into the middle and Russell went left . To me , McHugh doesn't look any better than what we have and shouldn't start in front of our own signed forwards .Positives were Danny looking hungry when introduced and an eager performance from a player that I am not always convinced bout. Yes , McShane competed and played well.
    From the other end of the ground I'd have to agree 100% with this.

Ba

Who was Queens' captain today?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)