+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Falkirk

re: Falkirk

I think Durnan had the armband?

The old cliche "a game of two halves" was never more appropriate than in this match. We were lucky not to be at least a couple of goals down going in at the interval as Falkirk's wide players had the freedom of the park and set up several good chances which were thankfully missed. Second half was much better with Carmichael and Russell giving us more width and all the players stepping up a gear to put sustained pressure on Falkirk. Just when it looked like we might have to settle for a draw, which would have been quite acceptable, we got the obligatory kick in the "Jacobs" with a soft penalty awarded against us. A poor call by the Ref? possibly, going by the evidence of some photos.
    IMO Kerr and McHugh just don't cut it for me and it's possibly no coincidence that we improved after they were subbed. Good to see Danny getting a decent run out and looking more like the player we know he can be. Russell put his recent indiscretions behind him and showed why he is feared, and hated, by op

Disappointing outcome again and the failure to sign a natural goal scorer has come home to roost.

However we must move on and the next two home games are crucial.

Hartley is now under pressure at Dundee after that disaster for them at Cow and Beef !

Quote Originally Posted by QOS_MAD_ADMIN
    Disappointing outcome again and the failure to sign a natural goal scorer has come home to roost.

However we must move on and the next two home games are crucial.

Hartley is now under pressure at Dundee after that disaster for them at Cow and Beef !
    Agreed that the next two home games are crucial, as are all games from now 'til the end of the season. We may not have a "natural" goal scorer but we have players in the team capable of scoring if given the right service and played in the right formation. As I said in my previous post McHugh and Kerr add nothing to the team, perhaps ok as squad players, and may have been signed purely to add competition for places and to gee up the players we already had.
    As for Hartley being under pressure, Dundee's fate is of little significance to me at least, but whose shoes would you rather be in as a Manager? Hartley's, whose side is more or less guaranteed to finish high in the play-off pl

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)