+ Visit Southampton FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: you and us.

you and us.

You have been dumped out of both cups, your charge for the CL was quickly replaced with a go at the Europa only to be now settling for safety, your "in the don we trust" made his escape and you're left with a woman who probably does'nt care about your club. Your best players are destined to be elsewhere as usual. So you can probably guess that it's a source of great joy on the right side of Hants. I could say WTFILN but really I would rather ask you for your thoughts on both our fortunes at the moment.

re: you and us.

I would say our season is pretty much over and PFC will be fighting to stay up which they will probably achieve from what I've seen.

As you never go and watch them you'll just have to trust me.

After a bad week we are 8 places from the top of Division 1. After a good week you are 8 places from the bottom of Division 4.

I will take that

Thanks Kernow for that. Living on the west coast of Ireland means more than a few hours drive.
    Still as long as we both agree that our hopes for the season have been dashed.

Quote Originally Posted by Bazwalk
    After a bad week we are 8 places from the top of Division 1. After a good week you are 8 places from the bottom of Division 4.

I will take that
    After so much promise are you happy with the way things have panned out then Baz?

So you hope PFC will relegated ?
    Yes we both agree on that.

Kernow You know what i meant. Obviously you you are disappointed with no hope of silverware again but at least you can't say we cheated you this time.

After an early season of "relatively" easy fixtures and performing really well the press hyped us up.

After several injuries we fell back. I have supported the Saints for many years and cannot remember us being safe in the top division in February since the 80s.

So, League wise I am happy. What I cannot understand was the last match. Ok, we fielded a weakened team; but they should have been capable of beating Sunderland ! Best chance of an FA Cup since 2003 and they blew it.

If MP does go in the summer I hope we get a manager who understands English fans and their expectations, ie. Alan Shearer.

Good luck for the rest of the season, I think you will easily stay up. Hopefully we will draw each other next year.

Alan Shearer !?
    Not sure I'd like to see him as Saints manager.
    He already left us once when a better ambition came along and didn't make a very good job of keeping Newcastle in the PL.
    Not for me.

[quote="Bazwalk" easy fixtures and performing really well the press hyped us up.

After several injuries we fell back. I have supported the Saints for many years and cannot remember us being safe in the top division in February since the 80s.

So, League wise I am happy. What I cannot understand was the last match. Ok, we fielded a weakened team; but they should have been capable of beating Sunderland ! Best chance of an FA Cup since 2003 and they blew it.

If MP does go in the summer I hope we get a manager who understands English fans and their expectations, ie. Alan Shearer.

Good luck for the rest of the season, I think you will easily stay up. Hopefully we will draw each other next year.[/quote]

Fair play to you Baz, i remember being very disappointed in 2008 with after reaching the cup final our players blew a chance of a top 7 finish. Good luck for the rest of the season.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast