+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Lee Naylor on trial

Lee Naylor on trial

According to DET - he played in an U21 game this week.

Was a good player in his peak but was recently released by Accrington Stanley.

Could provide decent back up at left back until the end of the season though... and would be a free signing.

re: Lee Naylor on trial

-Edited- due to realising i was talking about the wrong player my bad >.

Wolves fans will tell you he was a terrible championship player in his 20s

Dont see the point myself. He was released by Accrington stanley! That says it all really. May as well have Freeman as backup.

I'm pretty sure James Beattie that Naylor was doing them a favour, playing on low wages to get back into the game after choosing take a year out.

Beattie said he had interest from numerous club in higher leagues, and he shouldn't be earning the little amount he is, so having done Beattie a favour, Beattie returned it by releasing him.

Well, that's how i read it. Not saying he's any good though like

Quote Originally Posted by sheeeeeeeeeep
    Dont see the point myself. He was released by Accrington stanley! That says it all really. May as well have Freeman as backup.
    I agree, re Freeman.

However it's wrong to say he was released by Stanley, it was a mutual termination and sounds like has other options and he is local. Also I seem to remember Mac called him up to an England squad, but he had to pull out through injury.

Not keen myself. - view external link

Signed the deal to end of the season. Good signing as back up. P.S tricky we don't want your opinion whatsoever.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)