+ Visit Arbroath FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Home Truths

Home Truths

From todays starting 11

Wood; Only two games played, so difficult to judge,

Little: No better than Banjo and certainly no better than Baxter

Hamilton: Very disappointing season, no penetrating runs, seems to be low on confidence

Travis: Blooter the ball up the park mentality, very poor in possession, needs to add composure to his game

Keddie: Experienced and composed, probably our best defender, tho there is not much competition!

Nicol: Shows desire and adds steel, a good acquisition to the team

Chisolm: Oh dear, slow, no goal threat, and no cutting edge. No better than Keith Gibson

Sheerin: Quality, but only with intelligent players alongside him, can open a defence with a slide rule pass, but without a Doris S****ie or Falky running in behind, then its the end of a very good career

Linn: best player of the season by a country mile, direct running, if only he could add goals to his game,

McMannus: Couldn't get a game for Forfar, Bayne wasn't the answer and Milne on paper

re: Home Truths

Can't defend, can't outscore opponents all the time. Can't recall any successful side in recent times that wasn't built on defending properly. Div 3/ League 2 or whatever our bottom division is called beckons.

Completely agree..awful again..how Chisholm plays is baffeling...our keeper never touched ball for opening 25 mins apart from picking ball out net. The worst thing is everyone of the players forfar got from us would walk back into our team..gaffer needs to stop playing and manage but I agree its to late and we are doomed

Agree with all the comments and Sheerin should go now to allow a new manager to come in and assess the situation for next season.If P.S. left or was dismissed I am sure he would struggle to find a position in league 2 such is his standing.There was great disquiet in the sections of the terracing I was standing in that he should go and if we are relegated there are a lot of people who will not be returning.
    Our defence is and has been abysmal.Time for action to be taken.

Agree with your assessment but would add something to your summing up of Sheerin. He WAS a quality player, now he is a liability. He was at fault for the first goal today and was generally awful. Surely someone in the coaching staff has the guts to tell him he is finished!
    We played well at Ibrox without him (presumably because he knew himself he can't run). Today we improved once he went off as no longer did everything have to go through him. He just slows everything down to his crawling pace.
    We need to look toward rebuilding for next season but I am completely convinced it should not be left to Sheerin. It is obvious that our defence is entirely useless but what has he done about it? Nothing!
    He should be sacked now and a new manager given the chance to assess which members of the current squad should be kept. Not many!

Couldn't make the game today due to family commitments and was so disappointed when I heard the score on the car radio. I wonder if there are still optimists out there who believe we can now win 7 of our 11 remaining games to stay in this league?
    The team has been crying out for a strong central defender since the start of the season. It is hard to believe that the management haven't seen what is so obvious from the terracing. A bit of pace in defence wouldn't go amiss either.
    We have had a championship, a good season, and average season and this p**s poor season under Sheerin but he does try to get the team to play attractive football. So maybe we should stick with him and see if we can bounce back to this league, if we do get relegated.

Forgot to add, why does Sheerin drop Banjo, who has been one of our most consistent players this season, yet continue to play Chisholm who has been one of the most inconsistent players this season?

I don't think we'll be hearing any more calls to sign Marvellous Marvin. Young Leighton really skinned him for his goal. Great to see. Sign Macintosh, forget Marvin.

Quote Originally Posted by timlichtie
    I don't think we'll be hearing any more calls to sign Marvellous Marvin. Young Leighton really skinned him for his goal. Great to see. Sign Macintosh, forget Marvin.
    Quite agree Tim but our 2 central defenders know that they will be in every week as there is no other option.

We've been in desperate need of at least 1 more central defender and have been all season. I know the club has tried to rectify this but has clearly failed and this is likely to be the cause of our sad end to the season.

Forfar were stacked with good central defenders yesterday and just stopped us then played on the break. Rubbish football but not relegation form.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)