+ Visit Portsmouth FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Hatred

re: Hatred

Quote Originally Posted by gosport

in that time we also won the div 3 title something you failed to do
    Are you sure about that?

To be fair, there can't be many football fans who know what happened as long ago as 1960. I just looked it up and, apart from Southampton winning the div 3 title that year, it seems Burnley won the div. 1 title, and I doubt that many people would remember either of those events. You clearly don't.

Why have you focused the last 60 years?

Did nothing happen for you 70, 80 ,90 or 100 years ago

Oh no... it didn't!! Thats right! But of course we know all about the blue side of Hampshires dominance through that golden age of football.

West ham however are a club with a rich history.
    Even with fat Sam in charge they owned you.

Mango why stop at 100 let's go back further why not 110,125 years. You could generally go back further... we support Saints you support Pompey, it's not a pissing contest though a lot of yours hang on to the past we are looking to the future. That is the main difference.
    And Back on topic I have nothing against the Hammers my Aunt lived just the other side of the Barking Road for decades before retiring to Kent. The better team on the day won.

What hatred ?

Some West Ham posters have a real chip on their shoulder about something !?

If it's not their London rivals it's some imagined hatred about or from just about everyone else !? Loada shiite !

So our young, naive team got found out by an experienced team and coach. There's no shame in being beaten fairly and squarely.

Quote Originally Posted by OhWell

Are you sure about that?

To be fair, there can't be many football fans who know what happened as long ago as 1960. I just looked it up and, apart from Southampton winning the div 3 title that year, it seems Burnley won the div. 1 title, and I doubt that many people would remember either of those events. You clearly don't.[/quote]

my mistake . but no Div 1 title for you

It really started by your lots insistance that we only play "hoofball" when that is clearly not entirely true, yes we do go direct quote often but then we do mix it up by playing around a team ,once again depending on the oppo.
    We love playing against teams who tippy tap around at the back, Southampton, Swansea, Spurs we have beaten all of those it gives us time to regroup and set up to defend.
    Like it or not it is our survival that is important and i guess that is what dictates our style .

We as West Ham fans are not particularly fond of it but needs must, i expct Sam to be gone in a season or two anyway so perhaps we will adopt a different style.

To be fair, there can't be many football fans who know what happened as long ago as 1960. I just looked it up and, apart from Southampton winning the div 3 title that year, it seems Burnley won the div. 1 title, and I doubt that many people would remember either of those events. You clearly don't.
    I bet all Burnley fans know that and probably their local rivals too.

Glad to see creationism is alive and well in scum. History only goes back 60 yrs, bless.

Are you sure about that?

To be fair, there can't be many football fans who know what happened as long ago as 1960. I just looked it up and, apart from Southampton winning the div 3 title that year, it seems Burnley won the div. 1 title, and I doubt that many people would remember either of those events. You clearly don't.[/quote]

I think he was possibly referring to 1983!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)