+ Visit West Ham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The Daily Mirror.

The Daily Mirror.

September 2nd 1904.

Southern League.

West Ham United 3. Millwall 0

Favoured by the weather turning fine after heavy rains in the morning, West Ham United began their season most auspiciously yesterday evening, when they beat Millwall 3 goals to 0 on their new enclosure at Upton Park.

The Boleyn Castle ground is situated in a densely populated neighbourhood where the keenest interest is taken in football, and the crowd to see the first match was estimated at fully 19,000. Compact and well furnished with stands, the ground can probably accommodate twice that number of people.

Much enthusiasm prevailed yesterday and the winning side fully deserved the cheers that rewarded their efforts. Almost entirely composed of players from the north, among whom, Kingsley the Newcastle goalkeeper and Simmons the West Bromwich Albion forward, are the best known, the team settled down to a strong fast game, and despite the heavy going, kept up their pace in a manner quite wonderful for a start of

re: The Daily Mirror.

Nice one Red

I would quite like to read Saturdays match report written in a similar style.

I quite like this current developing story. Fu(k me I'd drink some place dry should they drop.

21 Millwall 32 6 10 16 31 60 -29 28
    ------------------------------------------------
    22 Charlton 29 6 9 14 24 38 -14 27

23 Barnsley 31 5 11 15 30 51 -21 26

24 Yeovil 31 6 7 18 27 47 -20 25

[quote="rednekst"]September 2nd 1904.

Southern League.

Favoured by the weather turning fine after heavy rains in the morning, West Ham United began their season most auspiciously yesterday evening, when they beat Millwall 3 goals to 0 on their new enclosure at Upton Park.

The Boleyn Castle ground is situated in a densely populated neighbourhood where the keenest interest is taken in football, and the crowd to see the first match was estimated at fully 19,000. Compact and well furnished with stands, the ground can probably accommodate twice that number of people.

Much enthusiasm prevailed yesterday and the winning side fully deserved the cheers that rewarded their efforts. Almost entirely composed of players from the north, among whom, Kingsley the Newcastle goalkeeper and Simmons the West Bromwich Albion forward, are the best known, the team settled down to a strong fast game, and despite the heavy going, kept up their pa

Quote Originally Posted by WHU
    I quite like this current developing story. Fu(k me I'd drink some place dry should they drop.

Hope they serve Snakebite ffs you silly c unt

[quote="dagenhamJohn"]September 2nd 1904.

Southern League.

Much enthusiasm prevailed yesterday and the winning side fully deserved the cheers that rewarded their efforts. Almost entirely composed of players from the north, among whom, Kingsley the Newcastle goalkeeper and Simmons the West Bromwich Albion forward, are the best known, the team settled down to a strong fast ga

I thought McCartney was getting on a bit, but blimey I didn't realise he was that old.

Quote Originally Posted by Ironworks1

Hope they serve Snakebite ffs you silly c unt [/quote]

indeed mr.hill

seeing those inbreds plummet like a rock off beachey head is my comfort blanket in a world of (untish management with my own club

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)