+ Visit Sheffield Wednesday FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mounting debts

Mounting debts

3 different loans in 3 months for 5million pounds against the stadium. It's not sustainable.

re: Mounting debts

Didn't we know this 2 months ago, have you only just found out

No championship clubs losses are, yet our losses are probably a hell of a lot less than most.

But like you all say, it's not debts when it's owed to your chairman.

The loans are external debts taken against the stadium. How long before you're insolvent again?

Quote Originally Posted by lansdowneoldskool
    The loans are external debts taken against the stadium. How long before you're insolvent again?
    Our new Arab Owners will sort that fear not.

I believe the loans are to be paid back by September this year, the fact they need to be repaid back in such a short period of time gives me confidence that Milan has used the money to cover some sort of short term cash flow issue, or to fund the recent loan signings…who knows to be honest, but as said, compared to other Championship clubs, a loss of 4 million pounds is minimal.

I've looked at our accounts from last year and you can still see the financial issues which are still there due to past board members poor business decisions. Our non-match day commercial revenue is appalling compared to other clubs; this is mainly down to Lindleys having both the catering and corporate contracts - which were sold years ago to provide much needed funds. I believe we tried getting out of the contract under Strafords reign and used beres (who's catering service was 10 times better) but the compensation money required to get out of the contract with Lindleys, and provide the service in-house actu

Quote Originally Posted by lansdowneoldskool
    3 different loans in 3 months for 5million pounds against the stadium. It's not sustainable.

Don't worry.

We'll be ok.

[quote="Rotherhamowl10"]I believe the loans are to be paid back by September this year, the fact they need to be repaid back in such a short period of time gives me confidence that Milan has used the money to cover some sort of short term cash flow issue, or to fund the recent loan signingsa??who knows to be honest, but as said, compared to other Championship clubs, a loss of 4 million pounds is minimal.

I've looked at our accounts from last year and you can still see the financial issues which are still there due to past board members poor business decisions. Our non-match day commercial revenue is appalling compared to other clubs; this is mainly down to Lindleys having both the catering and corporate contracts - which were sold years ago to provide much needed funds. I believe we tried getting out of the contract under Strafords reign and used beres (who's catering service was 10 times better) but the compensation money required to get out of the contrac

You are trying to indicate that these loans were taken out due to us being skint, even claiming it is an advance on season ticket money…yet it is all speculation. My personal view is that the funds were used for player recruitment (loans) to steer us away from the relegation zone, whereas MM has funded this in the past, it wouldn't make sense him doing so again considering he is trying to sell the club.

But I will put my trust in an extremely successful businessman - rather than a rival fan claiming to know it all- who has history with buying football clubs and selling them on. The amount and durations of the loans don’t cause me to panic or worry about it…unlike yourself. Try not to get too agitated, we will be ok.

Quote Originally Posted by Rotherhamowl10
    You are trying to indicate that these loans were taken out due to us being skint, even claiming it is an advance on season ticket moneya??yet it is all speculation. My personal view is that the funds were used for player recruitment (loans) to steer us away from the relegation zone, whereas MM has funded this in the past, it wouldn't make sense him doing so again considering he is trying to sell the club.

But I will put my trust in an extremely successful businessman - rather than a rival fan claiming to know it all- who has history with buying football clubs and selling them on. The amount and durations of the loans dona??t cause me to panic or worry about ita??unlike yourself. Try not to get too agitated, we will be ok.
    I'm not claiming to know it all - the figures are from the accounts just published where Wednesday are borrowing 5m pounds to lose 4m pounds. Do you think Milan is prepared to put in any more money?
    As for

We are in a far better position than most Championship clubs. The accounts show that we're a more efficient business than last time and are sustaining smaller losses; despite the loans that we have taken out. We're heading in the right direction, but still have plenty of work to do.

The net debt to Milan is now over 10m, I believe any potential investor would have to clear the loans (15m), overdraft (1.5m) and any other costs which may be added from agreed contracts with our creditors (Allen, Co-op). He's still only in for a little over 20m, which could be returned overnight if you get promotiona;yes, the possibility is slim, but the Blackpools, Crystal Palace's and Burnleys have managed to 'get lucky'.

We are well placed to deal with the FFP - how many other clubs can say that? Long term I am sure Milan has a vision should investment not come. The 4 million loss per year is pennies compared to other clubs. The club is running at capacity and to bring that cost down, we need investme

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)