+ Visit Nottingham Forest FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Sack him, time to go billy

re: Sack him, time to go billy

Billy Davies. What a strange little man.

Takes over at Preston - did very well at there and exceeded everyones expectations, loved everyone and everyone loved him. Then he throws his toys out the pram and falls out with the owner big time and makes his position untenable. Moves to Derby amidst bitterness recriminations.

Takes over at Derby - did very well there too, exceeded everyones expectations. Loves everyone and everyone loves him. Then the niggles start, the bitching about the board, the fans that don't understand him and don't know him, the mischief makers in the press. Falls out with the board, gets fired amidst bitterness and incriminations.

Doesn't work for 12 months or more.

Takes over Forest - did very well, saved the team from what looked like a likely relegation, then had them challenging for promotion 2 years running, probably exceeding peoples initial expectations. Loved the fans, most of the fans (who could forgive him for getting Derby promoted) loved him. Then t

[quote="Ramondo"]Billy Davies. What a strange little man.

Takes over at Preston - did very well at there and exceeded everyones expectations, loved everyone and everyone loved him. Then he throws his toys out the pram and falls out with the owner big time and makes his position untenable. Moves to Derby amidst bitterness recriminations.

Takes over at Derby - did very well there too, exceeded everyones expectations. Loves everyone and everyone loves him. Then the niggles start, the bitching about the board, the fans that don't understand him and don't know him, the mischief makers in the press. Falls out with the board, gets fired amidst bitterness and incriminations.

Doesn't work for 12 months or more.

Takes over Forest - did very well, saved the team from what looked like a likely relegation, then had them challenging for promotion 2 years running, probably exceeding peoples initial expectations. Loved the fans, most of the fans (who could forgive him

I find very little to disagree. Except that this time, he still enjoys the backing of most fans here.
    But the possibility of that disappearing cannot be ruled out.

Quote Originally Posted by Romanis
    I find very little to disagree. Except that this time, he still enjoys the backing of most fans here.
    I'm not sure he does anymore. Listening to what was said at the game yesterday, looking through the different Forest forums and speaking to my mates at work I think we have reached a point where the majority now want him to go.
    His popularity has been on the wane for a while but I think he has just tipped over the 50:50 mark where a small majority are now in the 'Billy Out' camp.

For the record I remain convinced that we should sack him at the end of the season and not before. However, I do think the owners should be looking for his replacement NOW! Lets not have another Mcleish.

Quote Originally Posted by Raimondo_Ponte
    I'm not sure he does anymore. Listening to what was said at the game yesterday, looking through the different Forest forums and speaking to my mates at work I think we have reached a point where the majority now want him to go.
    His popularity has been on the wane for a while but I think he has just tipped over the 50:50 mark where a small majority are now in the 'Billy Out' camp.

For the record I remain convinced that we should sack him at the end of the season and not before. However, I do think the owners should be looking for his replacement NOW! Lets not have another Mcleish.[/quote]

I have appreciated the work Davies has done for us since his first season here and have not posted a word against him - if you have b

He's spent too much yet can't attract players? No wonder you're not taken seriously ER.

Changing managers so frequently has served us well in the past.

When will Forest fans learn? *sigh*

If Billy Davies was a Formula 1 driver he would always blow up on the last lap.A high octane manager who would always have as much respect for his cars as he does for his players. Until he learns to manage his resources more sensibly, just outside the Championship playoffs is all he will achieve that's providing any owner is willing to provide him with the players.

Quote Originally Posted by TheKidfromRedBank
    If Billy Davies was a Formula 1 driver he would always blow up on the last lap.A high octane manager who would always have as much respect for his cars as he does for his players. Until he learns to manage his resources more sensibly, just outside the Championship playoffs is all he will achieve that's providing any owner is willing to provide him with the players.
    To be fair, he has had 5 full seasons in England as manager of three different clubs and has finished 'inside' the championship play offs on all five occasions.

Which is quite an impressive achievement. Especially given some of the resources he has had in a couple of those seasons.

I wouldn't bet against him taking a Sunday morning pub team and getting them into the top 6 of the championship, he seems to have a knack of doing it. Whether he can ever go beyond that though is questionable. Once you've finished between 3rd and 6th it just becomes a lottery, the c

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456