+ Visit Portsmouth FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: 1 shot on target in another dour game.

1 shot on target in another dour game.

My god, this richie barker certainly has installed his own brand of "football"

My question to him would be... Why/how can we go to chesterfield and attack for a half, yet play so defensively at home to cheltenham? also accrington,wimbledon and torquay etc.

re: 1 shot on target in another dour game.

Once again I was wanting to leave at about the 65th minute. They just can't handle playing at home in front of 16000. They seem to 'freeze'. Some of the football bordered on non-league. Struggled to do the basics. Could actually have lost that one. I'm paying 13.90 to watch Pompey, which is about right for 4th Div. I don't feel i'm getting VFM. Oh, just for one or two players than can put their foot on the ball, pick a player out and pass...Basic stuff :/

I've missed the last 7 games on my ST, because it was atrocious. I arrived today in the sun with a bustling crowd openminded and in anticipation of a gutsy performance.

Nothing has changed, just the same complete and total lacklustre, diabolical, error strewn, **** of ****e I was watching in November.

Bringing back this old chant might do the trick.

Ev'rybody's talkin' 'bout
    Bagism, Shagism, Dragism, Madism, Ragism, Tagism
    This-ism, that-ism, ism ism ism
    All we are saying, is give us a goal.
    All we are saying, is give us a goal.

I'll start it up from the SS and see if anyone remembers it.

So many fans said that all they wanted was a club to support. It seems that both managers, owners and fans sometimes forget that football is part of the entertainment business.
    There is no way I would be paying anything to watch the boring load of old toss that is currently being described on here. My time and my money are too valuable.

Stumpy, his missus and I will get my area going Corky. I'm sure the FE will join in, my question is will the SS ?

I'm not sure if I'll be renewing yet. Much will depend on the price and the matchday price itself. (£20 is too expensive!)

If the prices remain the same, then I may just pick and choose the matches and use the money I save to go and watch a few matches abroad next season. I've got Barcelona and Dortmund in my sights and it'd make a change to the dross I've been watching for the last two seasons.

It wouldn't surprise me if Pompey lost a couple of thousand season ticket holders next season, so hopefully there'll be incentives to renew because right now we're not getting value for money.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)