+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Defensive problems again!

re: Defensive problems again!

I can't agree that Harry should be dropped for Duggy, as suggested. The last few times that Duggy and Ellis have played together have not been pretty . . both good, strong players but put it on the ground and they have the turning circle of the Birkenhead Ferry. Either one of them need to have a Harry alongside, IMHO. He isn't everyone's cup of tea but I think he's been consistent and pretty anonymous since Christmas, just how I like a central defender to be as it suggests he isn't making howlers left, right and centre.

Keep the same Back 4 for the rest of the season and get Ellis and Guthrie on new contracts asap. Mellor and Ray need to step up to the mark to get their places back.

re: Defensive problems again!

I just wonder whether playing 3 centre-halves might help.

5 defenders, 2 defensive midfielders (Evans & Grant), Inman with a free role and Chuks & Pogs up front.

It *may* make us a little harder to play through, but then again we are talking about Crewe Alexandra...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12