+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: How the hell...

re: How the hell...

Quote Originally Posted by DanRrr
    There's always a bit of luck involved with any success Champs. Like the luck they had yesterday with Dunn being subbed
    injuries to one side - of course on the pitch you make your own luck in football. I seruously think with injuries its plain and simple luck.
    With getting decisions from refs, etc etc the balance of a game shifting then the sides at the top, make their own luck. Burnley got lucky against Derby the week before. But they earnt that luck imo, as they played well, scored a good goal, attacked ect. In our championship season, we got luck. We also earnt it. In our relegation season we had no luck at all. We deserved none aswell.

There is no doubt luck with injuries plays a massive part, and to go through a season without any major or long term ones (Wallace aside) certainly helps! What i would say is that when players play week-in, week-out dont you think they build up a fitness level which if then monitored/managed between games via rest/massage/physio,conditioning,diet,etc helps the players perform to their best on a regular basis! It doesnt make them immune from injury of course, but when players are rested/rotated and so on then their bodies never really get fully 'tuned-up' and injury maybe more likely!
    On top of this when results are going well players want to play and be part of the success - if the team is struggling maybe its easier to hide and look for excuses not to play!
    It cant be coincidence that this season and in 2008/09 we used the fewest players in the league, the best eleven more or less picked itself, and results spoke for themselves!
    Maybe we have just got lucky again, or maybe squads are

[quote="sabdenclaret"]There is no doubt luck with injuries plays a massive part, and to go through a season without any major or long term ones (Wallace aside) certainly helps! What i would say is that when players play week-in, week-out dont you think they build up a fitness level which if then monitored/managed between games via rest/massage/physio,conditioning,diet,etc helps the players perform to their best on a regular basis! It doesnt make them immune from injury of course, but when players are rested/rotated and so on then their bodies never really get fully 'tuned-up' and injury maybe more likely!
    On top of this when results are going well players want to play and be part of the success - if the team is struggling maybe its easier to hide and look for excuses not to play!
    It cant be coincidence that this season and in 2008/09 we used the fewest players in the league, the best eleven more or less picked itself, and results spoke for themselves!
    Maybe

He didn't have bad luck in the Premiership ... he made bad decisions. Not enough emphasis on midfield etc.

People say the prem league is the best place to play football ok then but I'd rather prefer the cushy confines of the championship than the prem oh I forgot the bit about visiting grounds like anfield old Trafford Emirates ect it's a good day out watching Suarez van Persie blitzing you & other quality players & paying thru the nose for that pleasure. Nah I want the championship any day of the week than paying money to watch them tosspots.

Its very, very unfortunate (but for me inevitable) that GB is and will be brought into question.
    I have nothing but respect for what he took on, but the situation, as I see it, is that he just does not seem to be climbing that learning curve.
    For some time now the general view is/has been that; He is in charge of 'someone else's squad'.
    He has Venkys interfering. He is new to the job.

But it has been some time now that any of that has been of real relevance.

I am with Dan on this where I just cannot see him commanding a concerted challenge for a top two place, as I don't think he is showing the attributes to put together a really decent run of results.
    Even the BFC support are bewildered and critical of many of his 'tactics'.
    Yes injuries are a big influence and as said that is where real managers show their mettle. But he has had a very generous chequebook to play with (relatively) and has brought in a very large number of players of his choosing.
    I have also to question (with rega

I didn't come on to gloat or rub the salt in we've won 1 in 35 yrs whoopee it was a good game any side could have nicked it. There's no animosity as far as I'm concerned & certainly no sour grapes. Good luck sincerely meant for the remainder of the season. you've had your fair share of problems post WT which I recognise. I honestly wish we would have had earlier successes wasn't to be so can't deny your history which we are unlikely to replicate I can't see anybody like JW taking a interest in us we can only hope.

People keep mentioning about how we've got 'lucky' without any serious injuries, but have you seen the size of our squad?

Most teams can afford a few injuries as their squad will cover it - so you could say teams with larger squads have been lucky, due to having the finances from richer chairmen to cover them.

We aren't lucky for not getting injuries - we're unlucky for not having gazillions of money to make a more indepth squad that can cover for them, like every other team has.

Quote Originally Posted by ColinBlacklabel
    People keep mentioning about how we've got 'lucky' without any serious injuries, but have you seen the size of our squad?

Most teams can afford a few injuries as their squad will cover it - so you could say teams with larger squads have been lucky, due to having the finances from richer chairmen to cover them.

We aren't lucky for not getting injuries - we're unlucky for not having gazillions of money to make a more indepth squad that can cover for them, like every other team has.
    Pardon? Are you saying you get fewer injuries BECAUSE you have a smaller squad? Can you explain how that works?

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)