+ Visit Sheffield Wednesday FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Leeds in crisis

Leeds in crisis

Massimo Cellino has told Leeds he won't bankroll them any more after putting in AŁ10 million. He's wanting ownership and the football league are still to approve the sale.

What a difference a few weeks makes for them, wasn't so long ago they were smugly informing us of how they had snatched Wickham from us...good luck paying his wages!

re: Leeds in crisis

whilst I have no sympathy at all with the position that their club are in you have to feel for their supporters.

something has to be done about the ownership of clubs, the fear is that the F.A. might be tempted to rubber stamp this bloke's offer so as to give the club some stability, and that is worrying.

remember we're up for sale, just who might we attract!

what with all the corruption you hear about, agents, illegal betting and dodgy owners, you'd think that there's people out there just trying by all methods to phuck the game up, how's this all been allowed to happen...

sport, hmmm, don't make me laugh.

glad I'm 65, at least I grew up in an era where crooked goings on, at least, seemed very, very minor.

ray...in Batley.

Are we f**k in crisis.

GFH owns us..if the cellino deal falls through they will carry on bankrolling us until they find a suitable buyer.

As for Connor Wickham he couldn't resist the lure of Leeds United (his own words)and as for the good luck paying his wages comment..at least we could afford to pay him unlike some other clubs..not really done much for his career tho has it..playing for 2 very average championship sides who are going nowhere.

I think I would be more concerned about your own club rotherhamowl before you start making smug comments about Leeds.

Quote Originally Posted by Rev72
    Are we f**k in crisis.

GFH owns us..if the cellino deal falls through they will carry on bankrolling us until they find a suitable buyer.

As for Connor Wickham he couldn't resist the lure of Leeds United (his own words)and as for the good luck paying his wages comment..at least we could afford to pay him unlike some other clubs..not really done much for his career tho has it..playing for 2 very average championship sides who are going nowhere.

I think I would be more concerned about your own club rotherhamowl before you start making smug comments about Leeds.
    Agree totally, he's just a Scab

Are we f**k in crisis.

Where are the smug comments Rev?

I was simply pointing out that Leeds were in financial crisis - like everybody in the media was. GFH didn't look like they could bankroll the club when the players were only getting paid half their wages.

The only smugness was from fans of your club giving it the big'un about how he choose you over us, yet that was never the case. He's not go

Well if you weren't been smug then you were definitely gloating...or maybe you were just trying to wind the Rev up

Just to put you straight RO CW went back to Sunderland because they had injuries and needed cover for the league cup final.The loan agreement was till the end of season with no recall option,our manager decided to let him go back the fact he may not have been paid might have had a bit to do with it anall

Must be great to have a well run club like yours..sticking to what you can afford and managing the finances properly..cant understand why your chairman wants to sell you.

Hopefully our new multi millionaire owner will stick to what he can afford..and of course manage the finances properly..he only earns 200 million a year (after tax ) so we got to be careful.

Well if you weren't been smug then you were definitely gloating...or maybe you were just trying to wind the Rev up

Just to put you straight RO CW went back to Sunderland because they had injuries and needed cover for the league cup final.The loan agreement was till the end of season with no recall option,our manager decided to let him go back the fact he may not have been paid might have had a bit to do with it anall

Must be great to have a well run club like yours..sticking to what you can afford and managing the finances properly..cant understand why your chairman wants to sell you.

Hopefully our new multi millionaire owner will stick to what he can afford..and of course manage the finances properly..he only earns 200 million a year (after tax ) so we got to be careful.
    Hope for you sake he doesn't blow it all on an expensive fish tank for the office!

Rev, I was simply responding to the amount of Leeds fans who had been gloating about the Wickham deal only a few weeks before.

I've ne

Quote Originally Posted by Rotherhamowl10

Rev, I was simply responding to the amount of Leeds fans who had been gloating abou

Quote Originally Posted by hirstyboywonder

Hope for you sake he doesn't blow it all on an expensive fish tank for the office!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)