+ Visit Motherwell FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 'Black Wednesday'

re: 'Black Wednesday'

[quote="mix106"]The case of Newco Rangers and their entry into the Scottish League I will give you, as it shouldn't have happened and yes that does support the view that the Old Firm, both of them are needed in the Scottish game, for commercial and financial circumstances, that is a view which I share myself as I am firmly of the belief that if there were no 'Old Firm' then Scottish Football would be finished. That's why I always did and still do argue against anyone who said that the two of them leaving to play elsewhere would be good for the game up here. It would not be, as the fact that we are struggling to get sponsorship even with Celtic there goes a long way to prove. Imagine if they weren't there either? There would be no sponsorship, no TV deals, nothing. All of that would equate to a financial disaster for the Scottish game. The Old Firm, like it or not are not just A selling point, they are THE sell

I was their as well and although my memory not what it used to me was it not a much bigger score sure it was 5 2 we asked for it to be replayed but was rejected and rangers went on to win league that season

thanks sieb1886 ayeeee that's the guy and he even had it in his book that he did it

Quote Originally Posted by sieb1886
    For someone who purports to be non-interested in the goings on at Greyskull, our Lawman fairly pounds the keyboard on every occasion a negative point's made about them. Arrive at your own conclusions on why that would be ...
    Folk can arrive at whatever conclusions they want, all I'm doing is giving my view on a matter.

absoutly on the money mix! if 'the man' had got his way, then the rangers would have been allowed to liquidate 1 company and start another while retaining top flight status.

Which, may i add was a totally man made liquidation, as they were serving the debts on time and reducing. Yet, it was their CHOICE to not pay PAYE that put them into admin then a CVA which would never had been agreed too put them in liquidation. - Why do this? Simple. If the top flight status had been retained as planned, then they could have distance themselves from the company that had the EBT case and not worry about any future outcome or existing debt and carry on as normal. They were done over by the fans.. I also believe Craig White was chosen to do all this as he was somebody that had experience in this type of behavior. Hence no worries about being "fit and proper", whatever that means!

... I still get folk pi55ing down my leg. Oh, hold on, sorry, that's actually me pi55ing my own pants these days :/

I didn't attend that particular game but the pitch invasion occurred @ 2-0 after half an hour as already mentioned but the final score was 5-3 for Rangers.
    Incredibly, this was the 5th game under new manager Rodger Hynd and until the invasion the team hadn't conceded a goal since he took over.
    Unfortunately, after the intrusion by his former team's 'fans' things went slowly downhill during his tenure, especially after sending Ian Clinging to the dentist "to make him a better player" lol.

Quote Originally Posted by JOHHNYG
    I didn't attend that particular game but the pitch invasion occurred @ 2-0 after half an hour as already mentioned but the final score was 5-3 for Rangers.
    Incredibly, this was the 5th game under new manager Rodger Hynd and until the invasion the team hadn't conceded a goal since he took over.
    Unfortunately, after the intrusion by his former team's 'fans' things went slowly downhill during his tenure, especially after sending Ian Clinging to the dentist "to make him a better player" lol.
    Not only did they riot, they continually pelted the goals with missiles during the second half.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)