+ Visit Scotland Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Stevie May - overrated

Stevie May - overrated

Right, no doubt some will see this thread as a chance to indulge in some good old forum schadenfreude, so let me issue a disclaimer now:

United were GASH last night and didn't deserve 3 points. A draw would've been about right but they didn't necessarily deserve even that.

The referee was indeed woeful, Stevie May and several other SJ players were persistent fouling for most of the game without being in the book, and for me, there were 3 penalty claims, 2 of which were stonewallers.

That said, United were gash. 90 minutes of uncharacteristic hoofball with most of the team failing to get pass marks. Andy Robertson was perhaps the only one who can be pleased with how he played.

Last night was the first time I've seen Stevie May.

So, I was all 'Right, let's see what all the fuss is about with this guy'. He was P1SH.

If he was as good as I've been hearing, he should have ripped last night's United side apart as they were there for the taking.

I was expecting some gifted, slick fla

re: Stevie May - overrated

Ooooh, doesn't quite fit into the Utd philosophy eh? Tough luck, he's a goalscorer as he showed when he papped in a hat-trick against your pitiful mob.

Granted he barely gets a touch against Mark Reynolds, but his scoring record shows he's a decent SPFL striker - 22 goals for a mid table side is a good return.

"Hammer-thrower" away and fling pish at the moon your hard drive burier.

68 goals in 117 games, a good scoring record so far - he's better than 1 in 2. But I'm nae convinced he's top notch either. A bit of the Billy Dodds aboot him - average kinda pro who'll do ok at SPFL level.

He's never impressed me against us, neither most of the lads from the DABs.

Peter Pawlett is YPotY, it's a certainty.

Stevie May has something.

I think he's a decent player although when we've played St Johnstone Mark Reynolds has always kept him quiet.

I think he's alright.

Fast and strong and has a decent first touch.

He's only 21 too so plenty time to improve.

[quote="AGulfInClass"]Right, no doubt some will see this thread as a chance to indulge in some good old forum schadenfreude, so let me issue a disclaimer now:

United were GASH last night and didn't deserve 3 points. A draw would've been about right but they didn't necessarily deserve even that.

The referee was indeed woeful, Stevie May and several other SJ players were persistent fouling for most of the game without being in the book, and for me, there were 3 penalty claims, 2 of which were stonewallers.

That said, United were gash. 90 minutes of uncharacteristic hoofball with most of the team failing to get pass marks. Andy Robertson was perhaps the only one who can be pleased with how he played.

Last night was the first time I've seen Stevie May.

So, I was all 'Right, let's see what all the fuss is about with this guy'. He was P1SH.

If he was as good as I've been hearing, he should have ripped last night's United side apart as they were there for t

Can't remember anyone on here ever saying Stevie May was like Rhianna Gauld, or any other dabbie superstar, so wits this thread all about.

I see Jacqui was sent to the stands, what a bad loser that wee pap is.

Sook it up ye slaverin DAB c***t

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)