+ Visit Scotland Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: away games and stand outs

away games and stand outs

Obviously many to choose from

Was talking to a guy in the pub yesterday a cellic fan he mentioned a SC game at Parkhead in the early 80's which involved Hearts

He was amazed at the travelling support took that day and how bigoted they were in the pubs/street/ground

But was impressed by the vocal support from Hearts even though they lost 4-1

Great day out bar the two out of 4 who went got lifted

Not my best but certainly a stand out

re: away games and stand outs

Winning 4-2 at the P*ggery on New Year's Day 1994 was unbeatable.

I always remember Huistra's last game at Falkirk as well, he scored a couple and it was a great game with a great atmosphere.

Tynecastle, New Years Day, 2006.

There is too many to mention.

Magic's hatrick at Ibrox

Fozzy on the fence at Easter Road

Being 2-0 down at Parkhead and winning 3-2

As Danny said, though, far too many too mention.

Any fundee away game

Quote Originally Posted by CB_1874
    Barnes' last game. If that hadn't happened we might never have got Martin O'Neill.

Every cloud and all that.

Quote Originally Posted by DannyBhoy
    Barnes' last game. If that hadn't happened we might never have got Martin O'Neill.

[/quote]

Correct. I nearly walked out after the second Celtic goal but we got one back and I thought, phuck it, I'll stay a wee bit longer.

Great decision fae me.

Winning 1-0 at Celtic Park in the SC QF replay in 2008. Midweek match. Backs to the wall, classic sucker punch victory. Listening to the groans of Celtic fans about Strachan on the walk back down London Rd to my car after the game and filled with hope of winning the cup in May - magic at the time!

Another midweek match at Tynecastle also rates highly. A 2-1 win with a Pressley slice own goal and a deflected sclaff from Chris Clark overturning a 1-0 deficit. Again a midweek game. Superb atmosphere.

Then fast forward to last autumn and the League Cup trip to Motherwell - 2,600 Dons fans there on a school night. Down to 10 men inside 15mins, backs to the wall, bodies on the line defending, a late sucker punch followed by a beauty to seal it in injury time. Cue bedlam!

Something about the midweek away days!

Quote Originally Posted by CB_1874

[/quote]

Correct. I nearly walked out after the second Celtic goal but we got one back and I thought, phuck it, I'll stay a wee bit longer.

Great decision fae me. [/quote]

I'm sure that was the game immediatley after a Killie game we lost where we had one shot on target a FK from Petric and I thought fv k PH

Though i won a coupon that day and the pub bounced when Hearts had won

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)