+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Freeny and Varney

re: Freeny and Varney

Quote Originally Posted by unclepunkle
    jeez, if you need a debate whether varney is the worst, you must have had some sh1te playing for you over the years...from the players listed i see potential (jeffers) and proven form (yorke), but for some reason these transfers never worked out. the one thing i can say about varney is that he is consistant. consistantly sh1te. hes been bombed out of every club hes ever played at. whoever recomended and sanctioned this transfer should be put in stocks outside your ground and pelted with excrement. ps thanks for taking him off our hands
    I thought as much, you've seen more of the clown than I have. If you say he's ****e I'll take as a sign that my eyes work

And Champs, why are you relentlessly spoiling for an online scrap these days? That time of the month or something?

Quote Originally Posted by DanRrr
    jeez, if you need a debate whether varney is the worst, you must have had some sh1te playing for you over the years...from the players listed i see potential (jeffers) and proven form (yorke), but for some reason these transfers never worked out. the one thing i can say about varney is that he is consistant. consistantly sh1te. hes been bombed out of every club hes ever played at. whoever recomended and sanctioned this transfer should be put in stocks outside your ground and pelted with excrement. ps thanks for taking him off our hands
    I thought as much, you've seen more of the clown than I have. If you say he's ****e I'll take as a sign that my eyes work

And Champs, why are you relentlessly spoiling for an online scrap these days? That time of the month or something?[/quote]

Time of the month.
    I like it ...

Dan are you still driving that birds car?

Quote Originally Posted by champs95
    Time of the month.
    I like it ...

Glad you took it in the spirt it was meant in Champs

Varney came on today for a bit. Did nothing to change my opinion of his footballing talents, but he does seem quite good at winding up the opposition, which was needed at the time to distract them.

Also, if you are referring to my pretty fast black Alfa, (I killed the cheap one). Then yes, I rairly, if ever get overtaken and it hasn't exploded yet either. Win win situation

Quote Originally Posted by champs95

Champs that's why I don't go to Ewood anymore, Dan and I car share and I couldn't be seen in a tarts car. It does suit Dan though!

Quote Originally Posted by DanRrr
    Time of the month.
    I like it ...

Glad you took it in the spirt it was meant in Champs

Varney came on today for a bit. Did nothing to change my opinion of his footballing talents, but he does seem quite good at winding up the opposition, which was needed at the time to distract them.

Also, if you are referring to my pretty fast black Alfa, (I killed the cheap one). Then yes, I rairly, if ever get overtaken and it hasn't exploded yet either. Win win situation [/quote]

Haha ...and that's to Sven aswell!!
    I know you where pulling my leg mate, I expect you to tell me if I'm being a c0ck ...I ain't always going to agree, but I do listen to you.

You see the lads much more than me, and I actually rely on yours and Howies input, as it's about the only views I get, other than media reports.

Varney is ****e, I kinda always thought we wo

On the whole, I think GB has done pretty well in the transfer market, but these two will forever remain a mystery.
    Feeney? OK, we had a few injury-worries and perhaps he had good games AGAINST Rovers that GB witnessed, but his position is where we have Conway, King, Taylor, Olsson and even Morris. Admittedly, Conway might be needed on the right in Marshall's absence, but even so...! If ever someone was acquired redundantly, it's him.
    As for Varney, well it is true that we are short of cover for Rhodes and Gestede, but is Varney any better than Goodwillie? In any case, we have Dunn, Cairney, Mahoney and King who can all play behind a single striker if necessary.
    These two signings - especially Feeney - will always leave me puzzled.
    An extra defender was surely a higher priority.

according to my mate big dave, wegner bought jeffers for A?7,000,000 and you got him on a freebie 5 years later at the age of 25. you then sold him for over 1/2 a million a year later.

my point was that at least players like him had the potential to succeed, whereas varney was dire, is dire and will always be dire.

i do agree about brolin

Very out of character (for G, but they would appear to be panic buys/loans, aided by them being simply 'available'. Akin to my wife out on one of her 'shopping trips'.

Quote Originally Posted by seventwo

Champs that's why I don't go to Ewood anymore, Dan and I car share and I couldn't be seen in a tarts car. It does suit Dan though! [/quote]

It's just woolf whistles when I get out of the car are a good ego boost. You should try it sven

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)