+ Visit Southampton FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Will you need?

re: Will you need?

While I didn't really want him to mention 'soccer' and knew he would, it's not all bad. There is no better time to consider the US Market than in the run up to and post-World Cup, which is a big international sporting event, and will therefore get lets of coverage in the USA. It's out fault they call it soccer, as in old parlance, it was Rugby Football and Soccer, so we only have ourselves to blame for teaching them old English.

What sort of gates do teams like LA Galaxy get? They certainly have the facilities to host big games in the US, and it's not even like Saints would have to be breaking new ground to start building a fan base there.

If you look at what ManUre did in Thailand, Singapore and Malaysia (to but a few) in terms of building a loyal fan base, it makes financial sense. The Premier League is a league of 5 or 6 teams that compete, and the rest that struggle to survive, or come and go - bed blockers, if you like Matt.

Brazilian league games suffer from poor attendan

Blinkered!! the lot of you. It's not friendly or exhibition matches they want in the US, it's PL games. A huge market and will earn your owners loads of dosh, if you are happy to see your club franchised out then fine but i suppose you will try anything to get some success.

If that was the case we could follow the example set by PFC and pi55 away our entire future and any legacy just for one day out. I'm sure the generations who are set to endure years of L2 dross in a run down ground will be delighted for you.

Quote Originally Posted by proclaimer
    If that was the case we could follow the example set by PFC and pi55 away our entire future and any legacy just for one day out. I'm sure the generations who are set to endure years of L2 dross in a run down ground will be delighted for you.
    Well at least we got to see Pompey win something in England, i have no doubt that saints will progress as a club just not as an English club.

Do you really think the FA and Prem will allow a club to be franchised out overseas?

Really?

Really?

Quote Originally Posted by Pentridge
    Do you really think the FA and Prem will allow a club to be franchised out overseas?

Really?

Really?
    Excuse me but the idea of playing PL games in the states was mooted years ago. No way could the yanks take one of the top clubs out of England but start off with a smaller club with an ambitious yet emotionally unattached owner and bingo.
    You have to agree that your new chairman is one of those who wants to see PL games in the US pents?

OH and regarding your REALLY REALLY ask the fans of Wimbledon as to what help the football authorities offer.

Emotionally unattached. I'd argue that Ms Liebherr is the most emotionally attached owner in the league. You do talk some *******s.

I'd also say that the new boy was asked a slightly loaded question and neither confirmed or denied any intent to move SFC to the American continent, what he did say was that he wouldn't rule out the possibility of any team playing games over there. But don't let that get in the way of your latest risible attempt at getting a dig in.

Quote Originally Posted by Brazil_Saint
    What sort of gates do teams like LA Galaxy get? They certainly have the facilities to host big games in the US
    LA Galaxy pulled in 22K on average every match last season. The Seattle Sounders had roughly 44K per match but they're the exception, not the norm (see link below). It's about time the Saints consider coming to the US, it's getting expensive to fly over.

Seriously, any notion that a sports team is based 5+ time zones away from its regular competitors, excluding tournaments, is silly. As much as I like the NFL, I don't see it being practical to fly across the Atlantic that much, soccer (I can say that in this topic, right?) Included.

I think it was Stoke who played a friendly or two in the States last year. I highly doubt there were that many Stoke fans in attendance but you'll get droves of dumb Americans shelling out $150+ per ticket wearing Man U, Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool kits just to root on English football. I

Quote Originally Posted by kernow
    It's all about maximising commercial potential, you know, making money !?
    I thought it was about winning games of football and trophies...

I do get confused though.

Quote Originally Posted by Pentridge
    Emotionally unattached. I'd argue that Ms Liebherr is the most emotionally attached owner in the league. You do talk some *******s.

I'd also say that the new boy was asked a slightly loaded question and neither confirmed or denied any intent to move SFC to the American continent, what he did say was that he wouldn't rule out the possibility of any team playing games over there. But don't let that get in the way of your latest risible attempt at getting a dig in.
    Emotionally unattached because she doesn't like football.
    Try this scenario.
    Saints agree to play some 'home' PL games in the US, (there is nobody running your club that would object) those games will be against the top four (who won't object because the financial benefits will more than cover the fans objections)Games will be televised over here anyway so who cares if it's 2 in the morning.
    Surely some of you must be concerned?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast