+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: They once played in red.

re: They once played in red.

Quote Originally Posted by alexmick
    ... Antoni Sarcevic ... Perhaps his attitude was wrong at the time ...

If the reports are to be believed, indeed it was - he burnt his bridges. He had to go. If you don't have discipline, you're going nowhere!
    Probably had ideas above his station and maybe L2 is his level anyway.

Ryan Lowe on the other hand? Well, take solace from the fact that at the time, he wasn't cutting it so he had to go - but this is one guy who has clearly improved with age! Pleased for him - if not for Tranny!!

Quote Originally Posted by somersetcrewe

If the reports are to be believed, indeed it was - he burnt his bridges. He had to go. If you don't have discipline, you're going nowhere!

Ryan Lowe on the other hand? Well, take solace from the fact that at the time, he wasn't cutting it so he had to go - but this is one guy who has clearly improved with age! Pleased for him - if not for Tranny!! [/quote]

I am in total agreement with that. Sarcevic would not have been good for the Dressing Room at a time when the atmosphere has been extremely fragile.
    Lowe left us when we had an abundance of strikers. His marked improvement has been since he went, and especially at MK Dons, rather than when he was an Alex player. Sometimes that is just the way the cookie crumbles.

The only thing that annoys me is seeing Ryan Lowe and Pope banging them in at this level whilst our strike force is non existant! And did anyone see Tom Hitchcock`s stunning hat trick for Rotherham at the weekend after coming on as a sub?

And one of ours, John Johnston, bagged a hat trick for Leek over the weekend. . . and yes, it was the right Johnston this time!

Quote Originally Posted by AlexLeicester

Ryan Lowe on the other hand? Well, take solace from the fact that at the time, he wasn't cutting it so he had to go - but this is one guy who has clearly improved with age! Pleased for him - if not for Tranny!! [/quote]

I am in total agreement with that. Sarcevic would not have been good for the Dressing Room at a time when the atmosphere has been extremely fragile.
    Lowe left us when we had an abundance of strikers. His marked improvement has been since he went, and especially at MK Dons, rather than when he was an Alex player. Sometimes that is jus

Quote Originally Posted by alexmick
    Disagree. Sarcevic should have been handled better by Davis, just like he did with Grant and Inman ...

But why?
    For all we know, Sarcevic may have told Steve to F off whilst Grant and Inman may have been behaving like 2 petulant school kids in class.
    We will probably never find out.
    I for one certainly won't criticise Steve over that.

Looks like the only thing you and I agree on these days is that Crewe are the team to follow!

Quote Originally Posted by somersetcrewe
    Disagree. Sarcevic should have been handled better by Davis, just like he did with Grant and Inman ...

But why?
    For all we know, Sarcevic may have told Steve to F off whilst Grant and Inman may have been behaving like 2 petulant school kids in class.
    We will probably never find out.
    I for one certainly won't criticise Steve over that.

Looks like the only thing you and I agree on these days is that Crewe are the team to follow! [/quote]

Just my opinion. No big deal.

Jordan Connerton gone down under - view external link

Sarcevic on the score sheet again for Fleetwood, but the highlight of the day must be the brace and MOTM award for Luke Murphy of Leeds, as they finally won a game of football.

Sarcevic was on the score sheet once again for Fleetwood yesterday. Today it was the turn of Burton's captain, Lee Bell, to hammer home their third goal, which puts Hartlepool in deep trouble.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast