+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: They once played in red.

re: They once played in red.

Quote Originally Posted by PAULCAFC
    Should have signed WINNALL, right too!
    I could not agree more. Many have commented on how well Scunny's top scorer has done this season. One that got away, but then again, that happens sometimes. It will be interesting to see how he copes with L1 football nest season, unless someone comes in for him. Perhaps we should make a cheeky bid for him.

Read in the press yesterday, that Wigan are prepared to pay a fee for the services of Nick Powell. I wonder if United are in such a financial mess, that they are prepared to make a loss on their investment from the Alex? Would there be a sell on fee for us?

Gary Roberts (Chesterfield) has won the L2 player of the season. He once played for us on loan from Ipswich when Steve Holland was in charge. I have always admired this player's skills.

A few ex-Alex being released already I see, including Chris McCready and Gibraltar's finest, Dave Artell.

Sarcevic, Schumacher and Lee Bell all due to play in the Lg2 Play off final. So we will be at the Alexandra Stadium South again this year (even if its only by proxy)

Sir Ryan Lowe has signed again for Bury, 53 goals in 100 games when he was last there, good deal IMO!

Michael O'Connor has been released by Rotherham following two seasons with the Millers.

I wonder if a more mature O'Connor would fit the bill in the Alex midfield? He could be the perfect replacement for Luke Murphy, who the club have so sorely missed since his departure to Leeds. O'Connor is now back in favour with the Northern Ireland squad.

Quote Originally Posted by alexmick
    Michael O'Connor has been released by Rotherham following two seasons with the Millers.

I wonder if a more mature O'Connor would fit the bill in the Alex midfield? He could be the perfect replacement for Luke Murphy, who the club have so sorely missed since his departure to Leeds. O'Connor is now back in favour with the Northern Ireland squad.
    Potential wasted

They once played in red.

Seen a few posts suggesting Sarcevic should have stayed, there were things going on in his personal life at the time, that made it impossible for the club to keep him..enough said.

Good to see how he has turned things around.

His current manager even commented "how great it was that he had turned his life around"

Quote Originally Posted by supercrewe
    Seen a few posts suggesting Sarcevic should have stayed, there were things going on in his personal life at the time, that made it impossible for the club to keep him..enough said.

Good to see how he has turned things around.

His current manager even commented "how great it was that he had turned his life around"
    About 3 years ago, I remember reading a comment by Chester's then manager in "The Chester Chronicle" of how Sarcevic arrived from Crewe with low confidence. Chester certainly turned him around. Whether his loss of confidence was due to work or personal problems we can only surmise.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast