+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: They once played in red.

re: They once played in red.

A few past Alex players hit the scoring charts this weekend. Mark Ellis (Shrewsbury) and Gary Roberts (Chesterfield) in the FA Cup. That fellow who was once on trail for us hit a hat trick for Barnsley (Sam Winnall) and Max Clayton grabbed one for Bolton.

And we cant get a decent goalscorer anywhere it seems, why???

I noticed tonight that Luke Rogers is now playing for Forest Green. Also at that club are Lee Hughes and Jon Parkin. I wonder if Parkin at 32 years old would have suited our frontline? Or perhaps Akinfenwa?

Now here is a player who can still score goals and is helping Brum in their quest to rise up the table. Donaldson scores the only goal against Rotherham today. He was a player who Dario allowed to leave for nothing. That is because the club were not ambitious enough (or penny foolish), to offer the man a contract early enough in his final season with us. An argument that was aired at the time he left. I know that he would not have been around now, but at least we could have capitalised on the fee we paid for him.

That man, Luke Varney hit the back of the net for Blackburn under 21s this afternoon, against the club who transformed him into a top player, the Alex.

Former Alex man, Tom Pope is unhappy with a pay cut of 45-50% if he re-signs for Vale next season.

Pope, 29, who has scored 66 goals in 177 appearances since initially joining Vale on loan in 2011, has stated that he has to consider his family at this stage of his footballing career. I would agree. Thoughts?

Lee Bell is on his way out of Burton Albion. The 31 year old has been told that he can find another club.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast