+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: They once played in red.

They once played in red.

I thought I would resurrect the thread that has disappeared from trace concerning ex-Alex players.

I see that former Alex starlet, Nick Powell is back in the Wigan side tonight, following a recent injury. Perhaps we will also see him featuring in the FA Cup semi-final at Wembley. Nicky Maynard is also in the starting line up against Yeovil.

Lee Molyneux has hit the net again for Accrington tonight, to go with the hat-trick he grabbed a couple of weeks back. As it stands with Accrington beating Morecambe 2-0, Stanley are now just 8 points behind the play-offs, whereas at the start of play they were 3rd bottom.

re: They once played in red.

Quote Originally Posted by alexmick
    I thought I would resurrect the thread that has disappeared from trace concerning ex-Alex players.

I see that former Alex starlet, Nick Powell is back in the Wigan side tonight, following a recent injury. Perhaps we will also see him featuring in the FA Cup semi-final at Wembley. Nicky Maynard is also in the starting line up against Yeovil.

Lee Molyneux has hit the net again for Accrington tonight, to go with the hat-trick he grabbed a couple of weeks back. As it stands with Accrington beating Morecambe 2-0, Stanley are now just 8 points behind the play-offs, whereas at the start of play they were 3rd bottom.
    Molyneux ended up with a brace last night, which now puts Stanley 10 points behind the play-off positions, because Plymouth won. Nick Powell grabbed a goal and one player who was dumped by the Ice Man, Mark Carrington, scored for Wrexham. Matthew Lund scored for Rochdale and was also shown red.

Leek Town chalked up a comprehensive 5-0 victory at Rainworth Miners Welfare on Saturday, and it was pleasing to hear that Danny Shelley grabbed a goal for his team. Our own Jordan Johnson also scored his 31st goal of the season.

Leek Town chalked up a comprehensive 5-0 victory at Rainworth Miners Welfare on Saturday, and it was pleasing to hear that Danny Shelley grabbed a goal for his team. Our own Jordan Johnson also scored his 31st goal of the season.
    Thanks to AstonAlex, I am sadly informed that this man does not play for us, it is in fact, Johnny Johnstone and his Bandwagon. Apologies.

Not so good that Shaun Miller grabbed the winner for rivals Shrewsbury today, although for once I was happy that the Vale beat Tranmere, with Tom Pope grabbing a goal. Donaldson was on the score sheet for Brentford, whereas Audel became a bad boy, being dismissed for Lincoln.

and Michael Higdon scored again for NEC Nijmegen.

Neil Lennon,now that he has won his 9 th league cup,do you think he would be up to the challenge to manage the Alex?

Two of our best former academy lads hit the back of the net yesterday. Powell for Wigan and Westwood for the Villa. Proves that the academy still produces the quality footballer

Two of our best former academy lads hit the back of the net yesterday. Powell for Wigan and Westwood for the Villa. Proves that the academy still produces the quality footballer
    Only saw that Powell goal on a recording of the FL show last night. Just reminded me of all the brilliant goals he scored for the Alex. This lad (still only 20) doesn't do ordinary...he scores goals with quality written all over them.

Once again, Ryan Lowe was on target for Tranmere, scoring his 19th league goal of the season. This was the man who many said was past his sell-by date at L1 level. He could have done a job for us this season.

Another one that got away, did the business once again for Fleetwood on Saturday: Antoni Sarcevic. He should have been retained by Steve Davis. Perhaps his attitude was wrong at the time, but as with Grant & Inman this season, maybe Davis should have preserved with this very talented young man.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast