+ Visit Sheffield Wednesday FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Lee & Palmer

Lee & Palmer

Haven't seen it myself yet but have had a text from my mate who was there...the text simply said.."Great result tonight, Lee & Palmer awesome"

Need to lock these two down with long contracts, both young & both ours...nice to see these two AND Buxton in the same team & not just fighting for the right back slot.

re: Lee & Palmer

[quote="aussieowl"

Need to lock these two down with long contracts, both young & both ours...nice to see these two AND Buxton in the same team & not just fighting for the right back slot.[/quote]

Was a bit worried to see Hutchinson out of the side but shouldn't have been. Palmer slotted in like he had been playing there regularly and Lee again showed how much he was missed when he was injured recently.

The way they pass and move is miles ahead of what Coke usually offer.
    Lavery was lively again, Nuhiu skillful and selfless and Helan full of running. Another great team performance.

They were terrific last night Aussie, Lee is so calm on the ball and must complete 95% of his passes. He made the self-acclaimed 'too good for the championship' Joey Barton look like dog meat - don't get me started on what Buxton made him look like for our third goal.
    I know QPR had 10 men, but we really did outclass them in every department.

Nuhiu once again impressed me, his hold up play and touch means players like Lee, Best and Buxton have a lot more freedom to go forwards. I stated that he wasn't good enough under Jones; I questioned why we sold O'Grady and signed him, but under Gray he has become one of most important players.
    Palmer is my player of the season up to now, I can't praise this lad enough, makes it so much sweeter that he is one of our own. I do think both he and Buxton can start, with one of them starting on the wing.

Finally, man of the match for me last night was Helan. I've always said he should be given a chance at left back, his pace is so crucial at the bac

strange how we now have valuable players, who are playing well, Helen in particular was more like a pub player than a pro under Jones, and last night performance just showed how good he can be.

Just what did Dave Jones do to ruin this team???

Yep, Mr. Gray deserves a medal the size of a dustbin lid..According to Katch he's crap though..

[quote="Rotherhamowl10"]They were terrific last night Aussie, Lee is so calm on the ball and must complete 95% of his passes. He made the self-acclaimed 'too good for the championship' Joey Barton look like dog meat - don't get me started on what Buxton made him look like for our third goal.
    I know QPR had 10 men, but we really did outclass them in every department.

Nuhiu once again impressed me, his hold up play and touch means players like Lee, Best and Buxton have a lot more freedom to go forwards. I stated that he wasn't good enough under Jones; I questioned why we sold O'Grady and signed him, but under Gray he has become one of most important players.
    Palmer is my player of the season up to now, I can't praise this lad enough, makes it so much sweeter that he is one of our own. I do think both he and Buxton can start, with one of them starting on the wing.

Finally, man of the match for me last night was Helan. I've always said he should be given a ch

these two have been great since getting in the side and have had a big say in our turnaround of form.
    Palmer has come on leaps and bounds since his loan at Tranmere last season and looks a proper player now.
    lee was a big miss for the side while injured and has got to be the player of the season since his switch into the middle. just how jones missed what a good all round player he is,is hard to imagine.
    of course gray needs to take a huge amount of credit for putting them straight in the side and has shown that he is a manager who goes on the training ground and knows his players

Just been reading about Jack Stobbs on the OS, from what I've heard about him this is brilliant news to have given him his first pro contract...been with us since eight years old.

Our midfield of Palmer, Lee, Maguire and Lavery were all outstanding and best part about it is that they're all young players and improving all the time.

We've got a lot to look forward to if we can keep this side together, Loovens and Onyewu both need signing up for next season, these two along with Buxton and Helan who's been absolutely brilliant last few games are a formidable back four.

Nuhiu though he struggles to hit back of net is proving to be a super player, wins everything in air, got a great touch for a big lad and his workrate is outstanding.

I'm sure the goals will start flowing for him sooner or later.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)