+ Visit Motherwell FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "Hutch" for Ibrox ?

re: "Hutch" for Ibrox ?

Quote Originally Posted by skippy91
    Totally agree with you it depends how much ambition he has.
    For 99 per cent of footballers the ambition is money and if Rangers can give him top dollar why shouldn't he take it. Good luck to him every one of us would go where the money's best. How that money is generated will not interest him or his agent one iota . As has been said already we have done very well out of him he owes us nowt. I think he's a good honest pro , who is replaceable , so if he goes it will not be a disaster for either party. He has served us very well and deserves his pay day and if those pounds are out of govan pockets who gives a feck, he will by then be an ex Motherwell player.

Maybe I'm narrow minded but once they are an ex Motherwell player I really couldn't care less who they go to or how much they earn.

We learned a painful lesson from the dark days of administration and IMO emerged a better but thrifter club for it. These gangsters are making the same mistakes again and again then looking round for someone to blame, sorry but their actions are indefensible.

[no subject]

Quote Originally Posted by mix106
    For 99 per cent of footballers the ambition is money and if Rangers can give him top dollar why shouldn't he take it. Good luck to him every one of us would go where the money's best. How that money is generated will not interest him or his agent one iota . As has been said already we have done very well out of him he owes us nowt. I think he's a good honest pro , who is replaceable , so if he goes it will not be a disaster for either party. He has served us very well and deserves his pay day and if those pounds are out of govan pockets who gives a feck, he will by then be an ex Motherwell player.

Maybe I'm narrow minded but once they are an ex Motherwell player I really couldn't care less who they go to or how much they earn.[/quote]I have a couple of thoughts on this. First of all, even though he may be on a Good wage with "

Quote Originally Posted by mix106
    Unlike us signing and paying John Spencer 10 grand a week ...
    John Spencer was on 6/7 grand per week. That aside our mistakes were made some 12 years ago and we've never repeated them. Sevco never learnt from our lessons or those of Gretna, Dundee and Livingston, despite the fact that they had years to do so. They've been liquidated, come back and are making the same huge mistakes all over again.

Quote Originally Posted by Wellup4it
    John Spencer was on 6/7 grand per week. That aside our mistakes were made some 12 years ago and we've never repeated them. Sevco never learnt from our lessons or those of Gretna, Dundee and Livingston, despite the fact that they had years to do so. They've been liquidated, come back and are making the same huge mistakes all over again.[/quote]In my opinion "The Rangers" suffer from the same arrogant "We are the People" attitude as their following. How else can you explain paying thousands of pounds a week to players, Booking in overnight hotels to games that are within easy traveling distance. They really are in denial about going bankrupt, and honestly believe they are still the same team. For all of these reasons, they are in real danger of repeating all the same mistakes again. Also without getting to political, they

Quote Originally Posted by Wellup4it
    John Spencer was on 6/7 grand per week. That aside our mistakes were made some 12 years ago and we've never repeated them. Sevco never learnt from our lessons or those of Gretna, Dundee and Livingston, despite the fact that they had years to do so. They've been liquidated, come back and are making the same huge mistakes all over again.[/quote]

oh that's all right then we fpucked ourselves over for 6 / 7 grand a week as opposed to 10 grand a week .. and here was me thinking we'd acting like utter fuuds tae...
    Dundee did it twice too you know... and if you care to look back to the history books Motherwell almost bankrupted themselves in the early 80's, had it not been for league reconstruction we would have been relegated and gone belly up. So we can take no moral high ground or sneer at anyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by skippy91
    We learned a painful lesson from the dark days of administration and IMO emerged a better but thrifter club for it. These gangsters are making the same mistakes again and again then looking round for someone to blame, sorry but their actions are indefensible.
    We didn't learn from our financial disaster of the early 80's the sanctimonious attitude of many of our fans is hard to stomach. I'm no Rangers apologists I believe they should have been forced to go the same road as gretna but for us to adopt a "superior" attitude is laughable.

re: [no subject]

Quote Originally Posted by bheron

Maybe I'm narrow minded but once they are an ex Motherwell player I really couldn't care less who they go to or how much they earn.[/quote]I have a couple of thoughts on this. First of all,

Like I said "The Rangers" current financial position and their wasteful attitude towards their resources is indefensible. We did learn our lessions from our problems and will not go down that particular road again. Everyone or any organisation can make mistakes but it a measure of their character as to how they respond to their troubles. I am not taking the moral high ground we did make financial mistakes in our pass, every club has, but The Rangers are tearing themselves apart.
    Anyway another 3 points today 'mon The 'Well

I'd take with pinch of salt as both Rangers & Celtic will be leaking player targets to press to stimulate interest in 2013-14 Season Ticket sales. The majority of them being nonsense and both sets of fans will relish the speculation and fork out to watch same old wage inflated krapp

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)