+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Texting Accidents

Texting Accidents

Thread inspired by Oz's latest very funny cartoon. See below.

(I hope you don't mind me posting the link, Oz? Perhaps the mods could remove it if you do?)

I don't think I've had any major mishaps myself. I did get an extremely naughty text from a girl friend which was intended for her new beau (or at least I think it was ). Soooo tempted to send a cheeky reply, but resisted, as I didn't want to embarrass her. I'm not sure if she ever realised she sent it to me by mistake though, as neither of us ever mentioned it.

So has anybody got any funny/embarrassing/disastrous text messaging or email stories to share?

re: Texting Accidents

You should never text and drive.

I've had little mishaps with predictive text, but that's all.

Quote Originally Posted by MissWinnie
    Thread inspired by Oz's latest very funny cartoon. See below.

(I hope you don't mind me posting the link, Oz? Perhaps the mods could remove it if you do?)

I don't think I've had any major mishaps myself. I did get an extremely naughty text from a girl friend which was intended for her new beau (or at least I think it was ). Soooo tempted to send a cheeky reply, but resisted, as I didn't want to embarrass her. I'm not sure if she ever realised she sent it to me by mistake though, as neither of us ever mentioned it.

So has anybody got any funny/embarrassing/disastrous text messaging or email stories to share?
    Hi Winnie. I really do appreciate the gesture but probably a little bit spammy considering I sell stuff.

Wrong send texts can be hilarious or do great damage professionally and personally. I know someone who lost a major project contract not because of a wrong send but the recipient copied and forwarded the

Really sorry, Oz. I shall send a strongly worded complaint about myself to the mods straight away and ask them to remove the link. I only really posted it to explain the thread, and ummed and ahhed about whether I should post the link, as its not my work, and was a bit worried you might find it a bit intrusive/squirmy. Only went with it in the end, as there was a ducky link already up, but probably should have gone with my gut on this one. Sorry again.

Did make me laugh though - just one of those really want to curl up and die moments! Poor guy's better off without her though - very rude to text on a date, me thinks!

Cringed when read about your friend's project. A friend of mine's colleague recently nearly lost her job after accidentally hitting the reply to all button on an email in which she had written something about her boss that was less than flattering. Of course, the boss just had to be on the reply list! Ouch!

Mis sent texts can be quite amusingly revealing about our

Okay Win. I removed the link. I didn't see the harm in it and have no problem if Oz wants to reload it. We'll let him make the decision though

Many of you know my old footy team Atomic was co-ed, so gals and guys. I recruited Nikki to the team she was on an under 19 girls team I coached and was now too old

One night Nikki texted the goalie on our team that she couldn't wait to see him and be in his arms in bed that night. The goalie wrote back that it sounded great but he'd have to clear it with his wife. I can only imagine how redfaced she was as she tried to explain she had meant to write her boyfriend.

Quote Originally Posted by stateside
    Okay Win. I removed the link. I didn't see the harm in it and have no problem if Oz wants to reload it. We'll let him make the decision though
    Hey Win well if the mods don't mind then I don't have an issue at all. Post away

Thanks you two.

Just stop offending people Winnie.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)