+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: see you next season ..

see you next season ..

You deserved to win today and maybe should have scored more we were pathetic... No passion no pride , gutless performance..
    We will not make the play offs and you will, but l have to say .. You won't win it.
    No bitterness from me , just saying it has l see it and that' is there are stronger sides than you who will be in the play offs.
    So have you glory for today and we will see you next season..

re: see you next season ..

Quote Originally Posted by trentside
    You deserved to win today and maybe should have scored more we were pathetic... No passion no pride , gutless performance..
    We will not make the play offs and you will, but l have to say .. You won't win it.
    No bitterness from me , just saying it has l see it and that' is there are stronger sides than you who will be in the play offs.
    Thank you. We agree "you will not make the playoffs"

Where your post fails is that no Derby Fan can honestly say we expected to be top six. No Derby fan expects to win the playoffs... No Derby fan expected to beat you by more than 1 goal today... But we did... Anything is possible. And as Susan Boyle (aka Andy Reid) once sang. "I dreamed a dream"

A reasonable attempt at disguising your sour grapes Trentside but none of us were born yesterday. I strongly suspect that the penny has now dropped for Mr Fawaz and today he effectively saw his Ai35 Million p iss ed into the wind against a side that cost a fraction of that. We might not go up this season. However, I don't think I will ever see a Derby County side disgrace the white shirt like your players disgraced the red one today. It was like taking candy off a baby and BD looked a forlorn and hopeless fool as he ticked and whistled on

I think that if Derby are in the play offs at the end of the season, then they will win it.

Well done today Rams.

I've nowt against Forest, it's just their manager I can't abide.

He must be the most hated manager in the country, him and forest are a perfect fit. as for the play offs, they're wigans to lose i reckon.

have any of the other top 6 sides beat you by 5?

interesting logic.

I have to echo the sentiments in the other responses to your post Trentside.

You may well be right, we quite possibly won't win the play offs. However those stronger sides are below us and have been for a while now, so at the end of the day it's a cup competition and anyone can beat anyone else.

Based on what I saw today then we have as much chance of overhauling Burnleys 10 points lead in the next 9 games than Forest have of making the top 6, you were that bad. However, things can change quickly in football and if you pick up enough form to keep yourself in the running then with players coming back in from injury then you could well prove to be the dark horse that sneaks it.

Who knows eh?

Quote Originally Posted by ellafella
    A reasonable attempt at disguising your sour grapes Trentside but none of us were born yesterday. I strongly suspect that the penny has now dropped for Mr Fawaz and today he effectively saw his Ai35 Million p iss ed into the wind against a side that cost a fraction of that. We might not go up this season. However, I don't think I will ever see a Derby County side disgrace the white shirt like your players disgraced the red one today. It was like taking candy off a baby and BD looked a forlorn

Feel free to extract this very small crumb of comfort if you wish , but reality will only be submerged for a while - that the state of your club is desperate. the real crumb of comfort you should take is that this defeat may speed up Billy's departure and you get a decent manager sooner.

Many of us are unsure that we're ready fro promotion and think another season of building of what's been achieved ( like Leicester have done) could be the best thing.
    But you're wrong about the play-offs, it's not necessarily the best team that wins the

A reasonable attempt at disguising your sour grapes Trentside but none of us were born yesterday. I strongly suspect that the penny has now dropped for Mr Fawaz and today he effectively saw his Ai35 Million p iss ed into the wind against a side that cost a fraction of that. We might not go up this season. However, I don't think I will ever see a Derby County side disgrace the white shirt like your players disgraced the red one today. It was like t

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)