+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Same Old McClaren - Breaking Club Records the Right Way

re: Same Old McClaren - Breaking Club Records the Right Way

There's definate man love on this thread today

So much negativity.

Sod the records.. Clough built from foundations up. Mcclaren came along and put a roof on. All we need now is a chimney and then we are smokin'

like!

Quote Originally Posted by Mickleover_Ram
    Yes I agree Sma11y however the 54% win ratio and all the other good stuff Mac has done in his short but very successful short spell at Derby is irrelevant to Rat. So I was mearly answering his demand of 'What record has Mac broken at Derby' and therefore a positive post, unless you can come up with another record to shut the sewer rodent up????????
    I agree MOR. I wasn't quoting your thread to mock it. Just to continue it. Here's a challenge: which post war manager or managers has had a better start than Mac?

ANOTHER record falls under Steve

GOOD LUCK LADS for the next 3 games although great season whatever happens in the play offs

Quote Originally Posted by Sma11ytheRam
    Yes I agree Sma11y however the 54% win ratio and all the other good stuff Mac has done in his short but very successful short spell at Derby is irrelevant to Rat. So I was mearly answering his demand of 'What record has Mac broken at Derby' and therefore a positive post, unless you can come up with another record to shut the sewer rodent up????????
    I agree MOR. I wasn't quoting your thread to mock it. Just to continue it. Here's a challenge: which post war manager or managers has had a better start than Mac?[/quote]

Which post war manager inherited a healthy club and great playing squad with the exception of Dave McKay and Tommy Doughty!!!!

You can't judge on little over half a season with a team already performing well ... You think if we were to go up it would be the same? What happens with a new season even in the same division when he has to prepare the squad fresh?

G

Quote Originally Posted by Rattea
    I agree MOR. I wasn't quoting your thread to mock it. Just to continue it. Here's a challenge: which post war manager or managers has had a better start than Mac?[/quote]

Which post war manager inherited a healthy club and great playing squad with the exception of Dave McKay and Tommy Doughty!!!!

You can't judge on little over half a season with a team already performing well ... You think if we were to go up it would be the same? What happens with a new season even in the same division

Well with players like Hector in the squad and a Chairman (Sam Longston)who was willing to back his manager with big money Clough senior did ratty, and Mackay had to change the side bringing players such as Rioch in.

Oh yes cloughs nine match winning run against leeds?????? IS THAT THE EXTENT TO HIS achievement at Derby???????????????

well boo hoo!!!! I for one am happy to exchange that for what Mac has achieved, (RECORD points, RECORD win over Florist and getting us into the play offs)for a weakened side drawing against leeds in a game that doesnt matter

Remind me, What record did Clough achieve ratty????? and oh yes GEORGE JOBEY ratty

and before you start Rat, i applaud what Clough did, although I do believe Mac has taken us on to the next level and dont believe Clough would of. Mac has taken us to the playoffs ON HIS OWN (think about it) something Clough never even looked like doing

My assessment is that Clough clearly rebuilt the club and assembled a group of very capable players on a limited budget.

However, neither he nor his coaching team had the ability to mould that group of players into a team that could compete at the top of The Championship. Loyalty seems one of Clough's admirable characteristics but to me he seemed far too loyal to his coaching team and could have succeeded if he had been able/willing to recruit a coaching team that would bring abilities that he lacked.

McClaren has come in and done what Clough was unable to do with the setup that Clough had built, and we have our record breaking season.

We don't know if Steve could have done the rebuild as well as Nigel - I suspect not.

I am happy to appreciate Nigel for what he did, appreciate Sam Rush and co for making and executing a brave decision to change managers very efficiently, and thank Steve Mac and team for conducting themselves with a grace that instantly won them the loyalty of the p

Are you Jill Gallone? If so don't come back ever again.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)