+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: whats happened ?

whats happened ?

Havnt felt this low (as an alex fan) for a long time - "Whats Happening". Inconsistency, weak defending, questionable tactics, late subs, players in and out of the team and replaced readily by loan players no better than what we have (with the exception of Chuks obviously). It only seems 5 minutes since promotion and Wembley appearances with lots of optimism to dour inept performances. I started this season quite positive and believing we were strong enough for at least mid table and possibly a play off push and was not expecting to be in this position. Maybe the problem is my hopes and expectations were raised above reality or maybe we are just underperforming or maybe we are just not good enough?

re: whats happened ?

Rd, I think you hit the nail on the head with your last comment

73 GOALS IN OUR NET SAYS IT ALL!

SD said earlier in the season that our players were not good enough and changes had to be made and why he brought in loan players. Its really sad that we went to all that trouble to get promoted that will count for nothing if we do go down and that should not happen when we had/have the comfort of millions from transfer fees that most others in L1 didn't have and many clubs with about the same gate as us were able to pay higher wages to attract better players. This has been the case for years though without most of them going into Admin.

I don't wish to bash our academy system but surely its all not just to exist in the old fourth division is it guys, as we may as well as not bother and that loan thing to Hassall stinks a mile when we were crying out for players a while back and shows that all the other directors including Dario and Bowler whether they were outvoted or not, could have resigned
    in disgust and caused a stink. If there is an explanation about all that, it should be made

Well put over Mike agree 100% With regards to the Stormin Norman saga am surprised at the deafening silence from Bowler And DG thats why I said birds of a feather flock together! Why dont they say something? And with regards to the Academy who is it run for? Apart from the Self Serving staff, as the players that come through are here for 5 min then sold a, s, a, p, No benifit to the team , more for Stormin Norman benifit,. Yes some will be happy to go into lge 2 but you only need ONE bad season like were having now, and playing to many Academy players will not work, as teams in lge 2 will just knock them to one side with ease. We will soon find out.

This season has been a disaster up to now. Last night we carried Uche, Inman was just marked out of the game, Evans copied Osman's pedestrian sideways passing, Pogba flirted with a performance and Chuks was maybe at 80% despite trying hard.
    It easy to play against Crewe - the midfield has no pace or drive, one full back is only learning his job and the centre backs are poor on the ball. Close down quickly on the midfielders who cannot run past you, shut down Tootle and Inman and defend solidly against the inevitable long ball stuff which results.
    Oh - and look forward to a complete rest if Ajay and Byron join in the "action" such as it is. The real triers Crewe can bring on - Waters and Oliver - will only be used as a last resort!
    The manager will stick with his formation regardless of how the game is going and no subs will appear until after at least an hour.
    I don't know if we will go down but we all know the script and 2 or 3 back to back results are as unlikely as ever

This season has been a disaster up to now. Last night we carried Uche, Inman was just marked out of the game, Evans copied Osman's pedestrian sideways passing, Pogba flirted with a performance and Chuks was maybe at 80% despite trying hard.
    It easy to play against Crewe - the midfield has no pace or drive, one full back is only learning his job and the centre backs are poor on the ball. Close down quickly on the midfielders who cannot run past you, shut down Tootle and Inman and defend solidly against the inevitable long ball stuff which results.
    Oh - and look forward to a complete rest if Ajay and Byron join in the "action" such as it is. The real triers Crewe can bring on - Waters and Oliver - will only be used as a last resort!
    The manager will stick with his formation regardless of how the game is going and no subs will appear until after at least an hour.
    I don't know if we will go down but we all know the script and 2 or 3 back to back results are as unlikely as ever

Quote Originally Posted by itwasin
    Well put over Mike agree 100% With regards to the Stormin Norman saga am surprised at the deafening silence from Bowler And DG thats why I said birds of a feather flock together! Why dont they say something? And with regards to the Academy who is it run for? Apart from the Self Serving staff, as the players that come through are here for 5 min then sold a, s, a, p, No benifit to the team , more for Stormin Norman benifit,. Yes some will be happy to go into lge 2 but you only need ONE bad season like were having now, and playing to many Academy players will not work, as teams in lge 2 will just knock them to one side with ease. We will soon find out.
    I know counting is not your strong point - you struggled to figure out the difference between 5 and 17 on the other thread - but try and work these out:

How many seasons in the last 25 have we played in League Two (or equivalent)?

And how many seasons did we play in the old Division 4

DG, please, no need to insult anyone as everyone is entitled to their opinion. Spelling? What does that matter unless this is the english exam board?

Now, nobody is arguing our club hasn't done well over the years under Bowler and Dario but not sure the lessons have been learned about having very good players in the side alongside the academy lads eg Brammer and Jack and its debatable whether our midfield has ever recovered since that period and perhaps Dario, understandably really, thought eventually that the academy was all was needed and so few good players were signed since the championship even though we had the funds to do so...eg After Ashton went and we spiralled down to L2 in the process. It was a miracle we got promotion which arguably again was mostly due to one player ie Nick Powell.

DG went native in becoming a Director and thus saw the First Team as a necessary inconvenience to his beloved academy and again that was to be expected given most of his time to it..

It w

Immm they always turn nasty when they hear different opinions, they dont like hearing the Truth they bury there heads in there own drivel. Its my I pad that can not spell hehe

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast