+ Visit West Ham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Booed of the pitch

re: Booed of the pitch

"Wouldn't you rather assist in getting him gone now, so at least there is a better chance of enjoying the last 1 or 2 seasons?"

Nothing i can do will get rid of him and staying away is not an option for me because of how little time there is left before the move.

My priority now is making sure im there for every remaining game at the Boleyn.

I have a great seat, great set of fans around me, friends, family ect.

Take away the move and i think my hatred of Sam and his style of football would be enough to force me to stay away.

The whole OS move is making things so much harder.

I just hope that Sullivan gets rid and appoints a more modern type of manager who knows that winning and playing the right way can both be done.

With any luck a up coming manager or as many would want here someone like Benitez.

The question is...do fan protests have any effect ?

Well from a publicity point of view it generates plenty of debate, which draws more publicity and further comment. However the newsworthyness diminishes with repetition.

Therefore the booing at the end of home games could be switched to booing at the start. Same tactic different part of the match. Then the media would be reporting a slightly different pheonomena.

Now a very clever media protest, has been devised by some Manchester United supporters, who are planning on sending a plane with banner, over Old Trafford before kick-off against Aston Villa.

The reason this is so clever, is because they have no actual plans to do this. They have however,at no cost, generated a lot of media gossip, which has turned up the heat on David Moyes by keeping the accusatory finger of ineptitude firmly pointed.

Perhaps at the next home game a banner could be unfurled "The Unwanted One". Keep the mood going. Plus stuff like that, looks real emoti

Forgot to add this yesterday but when Sam keeps saying he has never heard booing after a win before he forgetting his time at the Toon and our time in the Fizzy.

He got booed up at Newcastle after a win and he got booed after some of our wins in the championship. Coventry and Barnsley if i recall.

Personally I think the sound of booing is a very gay noise, I much prefer the good old slow handclap.

That said surely if people want to show they are protesting about Allardyce they could boo and hiss to their hearts content when he emerges from the tunnel. FFS he's big enough. No one could claim they didn't notice him.

If we were to really get organised the booing and hissing could start whenever he stood up, or entered the technical area. For the rest of the time normal support would resume.

And if that fails 30,000 odd people all singing the Mr Blobby song would surely capture media attention.

When you think about it, the crowd can influence stuff. Positive & negative.

Remember the days,evenings at the Boleyn park, we used to laugh everytime Pablo CAŠsar Wanchope Watson (more commonly known as Paulo Wanchope), received the ball.

Oh how his every-touch was greeted with sympathetic chuckles and outright guffawing at a miss placed pass or a dribble resulting in a fall.

And what happened...Harry had to substitute the lad.

Sometimes,you can get what you want...

ironworks fc summarises the whole thing very well

Quote Originally Posted by stevo1272
    Yes Woo that just about sums it up...as I said in one of my other posts on this thread.. The footballing principles we were brought up on as West Ham supporters is now consigned to history.
    What nobody has mentioned is the fact that all our young supporters are now being brought up on the crap football that we are now playing,that's all they know,they know no different,my boy is 15 and when I talk about the academy ,some of the football we used to play I get a blank look!!

Sir Ron and Johny Lyall must be turning in their graves
    sad but very true

have a good weekend mate

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)