+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: O/T Ched Evans to be released soon according to Star

re: O/T Ched Evans to be released soon according to Star

Quote Originally Posted by kempo
    Evans not only raped someone but pleaded not guilty...In the cold light of day after he had ample time to reflect he still tried to get away with something that he knew he had done.
    This is a good point, and I really hope we don't sign him, but what I would expect in order for me to be willing to support such a player is a comprehensive and genuine public apology and perhaps work in the community so others could learn from his mistakes.

I watched a fascinating interview with a man on death row in the US who went and murdered some people for looking foreign in 9/11 revenge attacks. You could see his genuine regret for the victims and families, recognition of his ignorance and willingness to try and prevent anyone else making similar mistakes. If he had been released I genuinely feel he might have been able to do some good and atone for his crimes. - view external link

[quote="rufc1986"]As we know, and can measure by the length of Custodial Sentences, that Murder/Manslaughter is a much worse crime than Rape. Were the County/Vale/Forest Green fans wrong to chant Hughes?

Hughes wasn't convicted of murder or manslaughter.

A convicted Rapists has no place on a professional football pitch.
    Would you point your camera phone at him outside the players entrance for a keepsake with your son/daughter?
    I'd be very disappointed if we signed him.

What scum said...

His ability which scored 35 goals in a season would get him in everyone Lge 1 club though he has struggled in the Championship previously. Sheff Utd signed Evans for about A?3M from Man City with a contract to match. His lack of goals at Championship level was a key factor in their relegation and he only stayed with the Blades because nobody would come close to matching his wages and they couldn't afford to pay him up. I remember him being available on a free but no takers.

Should he rehabilitate? Yes I don't see the point in punishing somebody for the rest of their lives and making them a burden to society. Other players have done a lot worse and had clubs forming a queue to sign them.

Should we touch him with a barge pole? No players like him attract trouble. Look at Nile Ranger, for all his ability how often is he absent from the pitch? Every player we sign we need to check as many things as possible to make sure they are right for the club. Things like being injury free and havin

Keep your phooking hands off, he's *ours.

*Just my opinion. I don't represent the feeling of all Blades.

Quote Originally Posted by Knowsnowt
    Keep your phooking hands off, he's *ours.

*Just my opinion. I don't represent the feeling of all Blades.
    You can have him pal,the Millers don't need him,strange who you will sign when you are desperate for glory,pity you cannot get him for the 8th April you will need him.

The Blades at work are LOOKING FORWARD to his return, they feel because they signed Marlon Harewood the can have Ched Evans back without any shame, of course I asked if they were signing Lee Hughes too

If we were to sign him, that'd be me done with the Millers.

We're supposed to be a family club.

I've no interest in giving my money to a rapist (or to a club who condones employing a rapist in a well paid position)

Serving a sentence and "getting a second chance" is fine but I don't see that as walking out of prison and us lot clubbing together to pay him 5-10 times the average salary of the general public.

Each to their own but I reckon that you're basically throwing your morals out of the window if you're in for him.

I, personally, don't think supporting a club like Rotherham is about a "win at all costs" mentality. If it was, you wouldn't support us, you'd support someone good. You support Rotherham because they represent you (in my eyes anyway).

EDIT: Just to clarify a bit. I've no issue with him getting a job after he comes out. I've not that much issue with him being employed by the club when he comes out (if it was a bog cleaner or stadium sweeper or even a commercial

Rape = Dirty f@cking scum. if he raped someone in my family i assure u he wouldnt play football again with crippled legs

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12