+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: O/T Ched Evans to be released soon according to Star

O/T Ched Evans to be released soon according to Star

it will be very interesting to see who takes on Evans on his release

42 goals in 103 appearances for Sheff Utd suggest to me that someone will sign him up - view external link

re: O/T Ched Evans to be released soon according to Star

I have no issue with signing a convicted Rapist from a moral viewpoint. In my mind, he has completed his sentence, and as the report outlines, he is free to find employment. I would cheer his goals and sing his if he performed for my club. No issues at all.

The question for me, is whether he would be good enough to get in this side. If the Management Team assess him to be so, and his demands are within our budget, then let's explore the possibility.

I went against the majority over the Madine thread the other day. I had no problem at the thought of signing him. I draw the line with Rapists though, I've a 19 year old daughter and could not look her in the eye if I was going to football and cheering a convicted Rapist on.

Get yer tin hat out 86!!

I'm with Rileyev on this , how can anyone in their right mind go to a game and cheer a rapist on

No there is no excuse what so ever

It will be interesting though because inevitably his goalscoring record will generate interest

What stance will interested clubs take?

He might have to go abroad to play where his crimes will be less publicised

As we know, and can measure by the length of Custodial Sentences, that Murder/Manslaughter is a much worse crime than Rape. Were the County/Vale/Forest Green fans wrong to chant Hughes? Were they able to look their Children/Family in the eye?

Evans will have done what was required of him, and is free to continue in his profession. I've no problem with that at all.

It all depends Whether our Management team deem his abilities good enough to get into our squad. I would guess No. But it's there choice!!

Whilst what he did was irresponsibly abhorrent, the details of the case suggest that he was neither a serial nor violent rapist who is likely to re-offend. I would expect that there are many high profile public figures who could be found rightfully guilty of exactly the same were they to be reported.

In the black and white World, I would not however, want him at Rotherham United.

I'd prefer we didn't sign him.

I also believe that prison should be to rehabilitate and having served his sentence he should have a second chance.

How much I would support him would depend on his behavior. Lee Hughes seemed to lack grace or dignity after his release, I just imagine how the victims's families must have felt seeing his silly dances. I'm not saying a player convicted of a serious crime should never celebrate a goal, just be more considered in how it comes across.

Its the crime which makes this different. Rape and what Hughes did can't be compared with what Madine or Pope did imo. The latter I agree deserve a 2nd chance. People who Rape or kill people while under the influence do not.

One things for sure, a club will take him on.

Evans not only raped someone but pleaded not guilty...In the cold light of day after he had ample time to reflect he still tried to get away with something that he knew he had done.

No way would I want him at my club and neither would TS.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast