+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: top 10 Championship Players

top 10 Championship Players

..as voted for by Championship club managers.

1st Ings
    2nd McCormack
    3rd Drinkwater
    4th Reid
    5th Nugent
    6th Vokes
    7th Vardy
    8th Trippier
    9th Cresswell
    10th WILL HUGHES!!!

No spot for Bryson. Is it that kind of disregard by oppo managers that has meant he's destroyed many of their teams!!!

Nice one for Will, tho

How'd you reckon this team, with a goalie added of course, would do in the Prem?

re: top 10 Championship Players

Quote Originally Posted by Toggles

1st Ings
    2nd McCormack
    3rd Drinkwater
    4th Reid
    5th Nugent
    6th Vokes
    7th Vardy
    8th Trippier
    9th Cresswell
    10th WILL HUGHES!!!

No spot for Bryson. Is it that kind of disregard by oppo managers that has meant he's destroyed many of their teams!!!

Nice one for Will, tho

How'd you reckon this team, with a goalie added of course, would do in the Prem?
    It all depends if it was Pep Guardiola or Billy Davies in charge!

Quote Originally Posted by Toggles

1st Ings
    2nd McCormack
    3rd Drinkwater
    4th Reid
    5th Nugent
    6th Vokes
    7th Vardy
    8th Trippier
    9th Cresswell
    10th WILL HUGHES!!!

Nice one for Will, tho

In response to your question, quite awfully considering the amount of out-and-out strikers included in the list

As for the list itself, strikers will naturally get the credit, hence the number of them in the list. I'd have thought Bryson may have made it, due to his goals.

Cresswell and Trippier are the stand-out performers at the full-back positions, so warrant selection.

Hughes is interesting, I certainly think he's had a very good season and warrants his place. Cynics and certain rats will say he's here all because of false hype, a

I'm surprised that Bryson can score so many goals from midfield, and a box to box midfielder at that! and not make the top 10.

like you said it's flooded with strikers. take vokes for example, he's had a good season for burnley but he wouldn't have been that high on my list.

my top 5 would have been:

Ings
    Drinkwater
    McCormack
    Trippier
    vardy

I'd definitely of had Bryson somewhere between 6-10 (probably 6th come to think of it).

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)