+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: OT Wilkos

OT Wilkos

Wilkinsons, the value general merchandise retailer, is planning to take a 20,000 sq ft unit at Parkgate Shopping in Rotherham, a move which could lead to an uncertain future for its town centre store. - view external link

re: OT Wilkos

Remember when this opened back in the 60's as TOPS

Hughie Green was the guest celeb to cut the ribbon...they also had the PG Tips chimps there and I was invited to have my photo taken with it...being a nipper I was scared of it and bawled my eyes out when it put its arm around me and wanted to give me a kiss...X-D

Parkgate is the town centre now anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin

Hughie Green was the guest celeb to cut the ribbon...they also had the PG Tips chimps there and I was invited to have my photo taken with it...being a nipper I was scared of it and bawled my eyes out when it put its arm around me and wanted to give me a kiss...X-D
    Just think how traumatised that poor chimp was.

Quote Originally Posted by jolly_roger

Just think how traumatised that poor chimp was.[/quote]

Can't believe it's took this long to receive a reply...X-D...thought about what kind of reply I'd receive when I first posted...

Just think how traumatised that poor chimp was.[/quote]

Can't believe it's took this long to receive a reply...X-D...thought about what kind of reply I'd receive when I first posted...[/quote]

Personally Brin, I think everyone is in shock! Bawling your eyes out at 28!

Who Hughie green are the Chimp

It might not be such a bad thing Wilkinsons moving the plot would be very attractive to a cinema say, backing onto Forge island and fronting onto Corporation Street, at least it would allow the very untidy walkway area to Forge island to be redeveloped too

Frog/Shire you two crease me ...now Foxtrot Oscar...