+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: v Millwall

re: v Millwall

Quote Originally Posted by Pooch
    Just saw the highlights. Can someone explain the Hanley penalty and red card? I watched the replay 7 times and I can't see where there was a foul by Hanley let alone a red card. Seems like the ref had it in for us or bet on the game!!

Baffled me too Pooch, It was one of them were it was such an absurd decision I didn't even get mad it just left me speechless and shaking my head in fact I shook my head that much I have a sore neck now.

The worst thing about it is you can't appeal a straight red :/

Yes you can.

Quote Originally Posted by MillHillRover
    Just saw the highlights. Can someone explain the Hanley penalty and red card? I watched the replay 7 times and I can't see where there was a foul by Hanley let alone a red card. Seems like the ref had it in for us or bet on the game!!

Baffled me too Pooch, It was one of them were it was such an absurd decision I didn't even get mad it just left me speechless and shaking my head in fact I shook my head that much I have a sore neck now.

The worst thing about it is you can't appeal a straight red :/ [/quote]

I always thought you could appeal a straight red though.

and just checked...found the link to an appeal - view external link

Oh yeh my bad, its 2 yellows ya cant appeal aint it

Thank heavens this site seems to have speded up. The bosses must have listened to everyone threatening to jump ship..

Anyway I always thought the sign of a good team was the ability to score late goals, and the sign of a poor team was the habit of conceding late goals.
    Right now Rovers are bang in the habit of doing both, but because our late goals are later than the ones we concede that means we are slightly better than we are crap..

Does anyone agree?

+ More decent play without Lowe in midfield - co-incidence? I think not..

Having looked at the 2 penalties a few time, I'd say Hanley's wasn't and the 2nd was very harsh. 2 points robbed by poor refereeing on Saturday.

And yes Kenny, the site is less dogsh1t. But is it too little too late?

The two penalties were absolute bobbins, as for the red card. Not for me, it should be rescinded. Some of the refereeing in this league is absolutely shocking.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)