+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Byron

re: Byron

Pogs has really suffered as a result of his pre-season injury. I know he has been in and out of the first team this calendar year, but he clearly isn't match tight and has only played to his own level once or twice. He was a slow starter last season if memory serves, but you can't knock his commitment and effort and we really missed that before Christmas.

I agree that Byron and Brad have to start against Wolves, pace on one wing, trickery on the other and that we should get more space to play than the last few fixtures. Having said that, Jackett teams seldom let you settle on the ball . . .

cometh the hour,cometh the man...

Outstanding today, popped up all over the field, skill and work rate in equal measure, covered every blade of grass and if he decided to quit football early he could give Mo Farah a run for his money.

Been decent since he got back into the side though I'm not entirely sure how Mesca/Park kept him out in the first place.

Please, Mr. Davis, stop loaning dross,untried wingers from the Premier League/Championship and offer Byron a new contract, I don't think we have any other players who can run 60 yards with the ball?

Always shows in the big games, not bad for a bloke who has supposedly had his bags packed for 3 years.

Quote Originally Posted by DGFG
    cometh the hour,cometh the man...

Outstanding today, popped up all over the field, skill and work rate in equal measure, covered every blade of grass and if he decided to quit football early he could give Mo Farah a run for his money.

Been decent since he got back into the side though I'm not entirely sure how Mesca/Park kept him out in the first place.

Please, Mr. Davis, stop loaning dross,untried wingers from the Premier League/Championship and offer Byron a new contract, I don't think we have any other players who can run 60 yards with the ball?

Always shows in the big games, not bad for a bloke who has supposedly had his bags packed for 3 years.
    Totally agree. Byron was a good shout for MotM today. He won every header when he wanted it, plus was a threat when going forward.

I suspect he will walk, but overall he's been a great CAFC servant. #Hero.

Byron was great today. Wish him well with whatever he chooses to do next season.

Quote Originally Posted by Timon
    Byron was great today. Wish him well with whatever he chooses to do next season.

Echoed!

Byron played really well v Preston, he is perhaps the most frustrating player we've had over the past few years though - easily has the ability to play at championship level if he wanted.
    On his day he has that 'wow' factor. Hope he stays as if we could get a consistant season out of him we'd be a fair force with him and coco down the wings

Byron has been a great servant for the club although he hasnt always wanted to be here. Must be quite high up on the list of total appearances for the club.

Good luck at your future club if you do leave.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexram87
    Byron has been a great servant for the club although he hasnt always wanted to be here. Must be quite high up on the list of total appearances for the club.

Good luck at your future club if you do leave.
    He's about 32nd(?) according to this list, with 211 appearances since 2007 - view external link

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12