+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bristol Post quotes

Bristol Post quotes

Here's what Cotterill said according to the Bristol Post I thought we were the better side and definitely deserved something from the game added Cotterill.

We passed the ball better than they did and we were the better side in the second half.

We had got ourselves back in the game and were having our best spell when the referee awarded that free kick.

re: Bristol Post quotes

Interview on BBC football website.

Apparently they were much better than us and it shouldn't have been a free kick for the second goal.

Cotterill reckons the keeper released the ball inside the area. I am more or less in line with the edge of the penalty area and everybody round me was convinced he had handled it outside the area.

I would like to see a replay. If he did release it in the area he must have chucked it a long way forward.

I thought Bristol were much tougher opposition than Brentford but we deserved the win.

They were a decent side in possession but they had one shot on target all game from which they scored. The rest were long distance efforts that Colin dealt with comfortably. On the other hand we should have been out of sight in the first half had we taken our chances. All in all 2-1 was a fair result.

I wound`t take much notice what Cotterill has to say he`s just sucking on sour grapes because they lost.As for the free kick it was the linesman that flagged,the ref had no option but to give a free kick.Then again perhaps Cotterill who was stood in the away dugout has better eyesight than the lino that's stood in line with their 18 yard line.:/

To be fair on another day they may well have nicked a point but this team doesn't know the meaning of the word defeat at the moment...Plus Bristol didn't have a shot on goal in the first half.

As for the free kick, the keeper seriously misjudged where he was, I haven't seen a replay yet but I was in the West Stand with an excellent view and he was a long way out!

Out of all of the "quotes" I only agree with the one about them passing the ball better than us. The rest is rubbish.

Sounds like sour grapes.

As stated above, how can he argue the linesman's decision when he was stood in line with the 18 yard box?

City reminded me of Sheff U at times. Decent football up until the final third where there was no end product!

Firstly, did they actually create a chance in the game? Great strike from Elliot but other than that a few pot shots aside they simply didn't hurt us.
    Secondly the goalie was WELL outside the box when he released it. All keepers push their luck with this but the lino wouldn't have flagged had it been close.

[quote="jolly_roger" I only agree with the one about them passing the ball better than us. The rest is rubbish.[/quote]

If you mean them constantly punting the ball out of play, over the wingers heads and picking out what I can only imagine were friends and family in the crowd with great consistency, then yes I agree also.

Im glad we didnt get cotterill ...when we got andy scott i wanted cotterill but hes a whinger and also a journeyman..what a way to make money though...i bet hes one of the richest lower league managers if not THE richest...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast