+ Visit Carlisle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Ratings v Tranmere

Ratings v Tranmere

I thought we were going to get hammered after the first 15 mins. Ump**** corners, goal line clearance and they hit the inside of the post. With 5 at the back we were completely over run in midfield. However we stuck at it and with a couple of good shouts for a penalty probably deserved a draw, due in part to Rovers dreadful shooting in the 2nd half, by which time we'd switched to 4-5-1.

Pickford 6 looked a bit shaky at times but a good block and one very good save in the 2nd half
    Symington 7 another good performance in defence. Lacked support when he got more forward in the 2nd half
    O'Hanlon 7 looked more comfortable and an immense last 25 mins
    Thirlwell 7 good to see him organising everyone, a couple of slips and did well on his return. Midfield improved and looked more solid when we changed from 5 at the back.
    Meppen-Walter 6 seemed to get an early knock and struggled a bit after that
    Chantler 8 disgraceful tackle on him early on which should have been at least a yellow, if not a re

re: Ratings v Tranmere

Wasn't there yesterday but wasn't impressed at all with Redmond at either Port Vale or Notts County. However it sounds like he has been superb in the home games! Early days but is it possible we have a player who struggles more in away games?

A good summary. Personally, I'd give an extra mark to Pickford and take one off the rest, probably two from Guy who just isn't up to it.

Madine made a huge difference and gives us some optimism. Though as somebody once said, it's the hope that kills you.

'Though as somebody once said, it's the hope that kills you.'

I like that my blue way. Probably sums up my 60 years of supporting CUFC.

Regarding Redmond I think he has a lot of ability and a good football brain. Because of his size, and I guess being a younger lad too, I think he struggles to get into games of a more physical nature and sometimes the game seems to pass him by.

Byrne is still inexperienced too but there is no excuse for lack of effort. There was one through ball in particular that he let Goodison beat him too which was just appalling. I may be doing him an injustice but at times Byrne looks as if he is a bit full of himself, tries to do too much and lacks judgement on when to lay off the easy ball instead of getting caught in possession. He certainly needs to put a bit more effort in at times, not something Redmond can be accused of.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)