+ Visit Southampton FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Waffle, crap and pointless analysis of the day

Waffle, crap and pointless analysis of the day

Watched Match of the day last night. Well I say match of the day, I don't know what the actual timings are but there seemed to be more waffle and crap along with adverts for future programmes and pointless analysis than there was match action. I'm sure there are more in depth programmes on various other formats but this is on a service paid for by everyone. If the Premier League is that good why not show more from the games, especially those further down the pecking order??
    Rant over.

re: Waffle, crap and pointless analysis of the day

It's all about the important celebrities that present the BBC and all their good work for charity.

The BBC is non biased and neutral and we should all be proud of the fact that in a mature society like our's, license evaders are no longer likely to be shipped off for penal servitude in the colonies.

Top stuff Auntie, keep up the good work.

Would prefer the analysis if it came from different pundits.

People like Martin Keown and Kevin Kilbane should get more time than Shearer, who seems to be employed just to grin at Lineker's weak puns.

I think fans of any team outside of the top four/five would have the same gripe.
    In all seriousness you would have to win the PL by twenty points to get proper recognition on the BBC.

Quote Originally Posted by proclaimer
    Watched Match of the day last night. Well I say match of the day, I don't know what the actual timings are but there seemed to be more waffle and crap along with adverts for future programmes and pointless analysis than there was match action. I'm sure there are more in depth programmes on various other formats but this is on a service paid for by everyone. If the Premier League is that good why not show more from the games, especially those further down the pecking order??
    Rant over.

I thought you had Sky?

Quote Originally Posted by CostaBaz
    People like Martin Keown and Kevin Kilbane should get more time than Shearer, who seems to be employed just to grin at Lineker's weak puns.
    He certainly wasn't grinning after the Saints game had been shown..