+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T If you like Clarkson read, if not don't

O/T If you like Clarkson read, if not don't

OK. we all know he can be a little Tinker, but he is being sued for a Million for saying "slope"
    A derogatory word for an Asian.
    At the time they had just built a bridge, and there WAS a slope on it (as in leaning)
    So no problem.
    But looking at the vid, just as he was saying it, an Asian gent was on the bridge.
    Hammond tried to rescue the situation but failed.
    Was Clarkson being a toohat as normal , or was it a genuine mistake? - view external link

re: O/T If you like Clarkson read, if not don't

If you like insensitive, often racist and demeaning "banter" read, if not don't! I only want people who think the same as me reading this topic, I'm not interested in anyone else's opinion or facts!

Right, having watched the video he's clearly linking the two because he thinks it's funny. Because he's a horrible idiot.

I hate Clarkson and I posted here anyway so sorry about that crash...

I am often a victim of racial abuse! Seriously on a daily basis I get the odd word out of context aimed at me!

I have never heard of a slope being a racist word! If it is an Asian walking on the bridge then without seeing his face how can you tell?

There is a slope on the bridge! One track is higher than the other! FACT!

I

Don't be so naive frog, he's looking right at a local in Burma.

Had he been examining the bridge and not looking directly at the person it would be different but we all know how his mind works.

Out of interest and seen as I can't now find anything on this subject because of this case (only thing that comes up when you search for it and non of them explain the word). Why is it racist? Where did this come from?

Never heard of it being a racist term before.

Quote Originally Posted by Amanda_Hugg_n_Kiss
    Out of interest and seen as I can't now find anything on this subject because of this case (only thing that comes up when you search for it and non of them explain the word). Why is it racist? Where did this come from?

Never heard of it being a racist term before.
    Like all 'good' racist slurs it is derived from physical features that differ from other races - you know, the bits of a person that they can't change and not related to their character or personality. I'll let your imagination run wild with that.

[quote="michaeldc" read, if not don't! I only want people who think the same as me reading this topic, I'm not interested in anyone else's opinion or facts![/quote]

Whoa old lad , he is being sued , it was just a question, no need to have a Cow.

Quote Originally Posted by michaeldc
    Don't be so naive frog, he's looking right at a local in Burma.

Had he been examining the bridge and not looking directly at the person it would be different but we all know how his mind works.
    I am fecked off with people telling the world how they should think! How do I know how to insult a Burmese person?

I watched the Top Gear Christmas Special whitch was aired in March!
    Helmet on for the Christian attack saying it should have been aired in December!

By the way Tetleys tea bags insult my wife every time with the
    'Tetleys Red Bush - That bush needs a trim'

Thanks managed to find it now.

Well watched the video a few times and will be highly surprised if anything comes of this as there was in fact a slope on the bridge and can't see how it could be possibly proved that he was referring to the person on the bridge and not the slope.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast