+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: summer upheaval

re: summer upheaval

Quote Originally Posted by Proggs
    Oooooo juicy thread

Regardless of division the squad will have to change. Too big now and not good enough, so it will defo come down and be padded out with home-growns and loans.

League 2 (as I think it'll be) team will be based on these.

Garratt
    Guthrie
    Davis
    Dugdale
    Ray
    Turton
    Waters
    Inman
    Grant (skipper)
    Pogba
    Oliver
    Molyneux
    Nolan
    Colclough

GK may remain as SP or a loan.

Defence is already listed above, as is midfield and maybe a small quick forward and a winger - to buy or loan as needed.

It isn't a bad 11.

Garratt
    Guthrie Duggy Davis Turton
    Waters Grant Inman Colclough
    Pogba Oliver

They need to adapt a style to get a goal and protect it.

It's a great debate this one

I think you have it spot on

James Bailey, Saunders and Murdock might be up to the squad if it is League 2...there may be others???

I think we need to get more of our own in or near the team - they generally fit in better and give us more

Add George Cooper now - 17 with a new deal just announced - not seen him but he must be a prospect

...and forgot we have the lad from Leek as well - he should get in or around the squad maybe???

I've just thought of another good reason for summer footy and that is all the saving of costs for floodlights which can't be cheap and would reduce global warming as well...

Also better and dryer pitches and less maintenance on the pitch and of course the obvious. Fewer postponements for weather..

I don't know why I'm the only one that supports this so obvious change!

It was OK in the olden days when standing was allowed and we could keep warm by all huddling together but that is not possible with seating...Well some may think so!

Quote Originally Posted by DGFG
    Don't forget the lad we signed from Leek - though again more chance of him making an impact in L2 I suppose.

I'm a little concerned that Garratt, Nolan and Turton have yet to sign their new contracts despite being encouraged by SD to do so.

I'm a lot more concerned that Billy Waters appears not to have been offered a new deal to date.
    Good news today. Billy Waters has signed a two year deal.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123