+ Visit West Ham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Good article on Allardyce by Martin Samuel

re: Good article on Allardyce by Martin Samuel

Good spot there PRH. Was getting my Mark Hughes mixed up with me Tony Pulis.

Poor old Tony, i have him down as managing two clubs at the same time. Money must be good mind.

Palace have still played some pretty decent football under Pulis this season and my point about him adapting his style still stands.

Regarding the Stoke game against Villa could anyone imagine Sam telling his team to keep attacking when they have got the lead. I cant.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyV66
    Good spot there PRH. Was getting my Mark Hughes mixed up with me Tony Pulis.

Poor old Tony, i have him down as managing two clubs at the same time. Money must be good mind.

Palace have still played some pretty decent football under Pulis this season and my point about him adapting his style still stands.

Regarding the Stoke game against Villa could anyone imagine Sam telling his team to keep attacking when they have got the lead. I cant.
    To be honest, I'm no fan of Stoke, Palace, Pulis or Hughes, but I do live in Birmingham and know a lot of unhappy villa fans so embarrassing defeats for them stick in my mind

Having said that, they have beaten Chelsea, City and Arsenal this season

Quote Originally Posted by NeLSon_manjaffa
    Pulis is a much better manager than Sam. He has at least tried to adapt his style since joining Palace.

For example they won 4-1 away to Villa the other week, from 1 down they took the lead. 2nd half they continued to attack and try and kill the game and they got rewarded for doing so with an entertaning attacking 4-1 win.

We went 2-0 up away to Villa with 2 goals in the first 5 2nd half minutes. After that we sat deap, put everyone beind the ball and had to thank Adrian for several crucial saves and block after block from players like Taylor.

Pulis also always took the cups seriously with Stoke.

Dont get me wrong Pullis is not a manager i would ever like to see here but if it came down to him or Sam then i would pick Pulis every time.
    totally agree jimmy[/quote]

don't totally agree with jimmy

Nelson.

PRH. Villa under Lambert is a bit like us of old, raise our game and beat the best but lose to the poor teams.

What is the talk of Lambert up there btw?

I see what he is trying to build but are the fans turning on him.

Quote Originally Posted by NeLSon_manjaffa
    Pulis is a much better manager than Sam. He has at least tried to adapt his style since joining Palace.

For example they won 4-1 away to Villa the other week, from 1 down they took the lead. 2nd half they continued to attack and try and kill the game and they got rewarded for doing so with an entertaning attacking 4-1 win.

We went 2-0 up away to Villa with 2 goals in the first 5 2nd half minutes. After that we sat deap, put everyone beind the ball and had to thank Adrian for several crucial saves and block after block from players like Taylor.

Dont get me wrong Pullis is not a manager i would ever like to see here but if it came down to him or Sam then i would pick Pulis every time.

don't totally agree with jimmy [/quote]

I'd sooner have

Seems to be a similar situation to West Ham. Most I know want him out and are on about not renewing. I know people that don't even use their season tickets like a few at UP seem to be doing and talk of a new contract ain't going down well with most I know

Saw a stat that over the last 3 seasons (including this one) Villa have the worse home record, picking up less than 1 point per game.

Quote Originally Posted by palerider

don't total

ok amazing fighting performance still now believe call sam in and let him know his contact will be terminated at season end and start talks with laudrup.
    some players make not like it but even taking into account tonights result we must now plan to move on and rebuild

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyV66

Wasn`t that Mark Hughes`s Stoke City,not Pullis`s Palace?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)