+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mo camera?

Mo camera?

Since when was he our head of European scouting? - view external link

re: Mo camera?

It was announced last month along with the rest of the new scouting set up.

lets hope he is a better scout than player was shocking here at times.

People think that but if you look at billy liars tenure fly mo was playing during the most fruitful time before the slump.

Also the cup game against manure he was inspirational!

As I recall the guy was very quick but could not even kick the ball properly. Very strange appointment.

Quote Originally Posted by Rattea
    People think that but if you look at billy liars tenure fly mo was playing during the most fruitful time before the slump.

He was indeed, funnily enough he had Ronaldo in his back pocket all game

Quote Originally Posted by NSWRam
    As I recall the guy was very quick but could not even kick the ball properly. Very strange appointment.
    I guess your a friend of his, or know him in a professional capacity?

No? Then why is it strange. He has played professional football for a long time, on the continent and here. He's bilingual, would have contacts abroad.

They are the facts, I don't know him, he may or may not have an excellent eye for spotting players.

Why is it strange? Because he's black? Because he wasn't the best player ever?

I just think it's the old celeb mentality that follows football rather than anything nasty.

People forget that managers like Wenger, Morhinio even Ferguson were relatively unheard of back on the day.

Would be more useful by the club if the stopped trying to tell everyone what a brilliant boy the cheif exec and watch him pay himself on the back all the time was and gave a bit if PR to people at the club that actually do the work!

Quote Originally Posted by LoyalFan

He was indeed, funnily enough he had Ronaldo in his back pocket all game[/quote]

I think that night we all entered the twilight zone

Because **** he never looked like a very good professional footballer.

Quote Originally Posted by NSWRam
    Because **** he never looked like a very good professional footballer.
    Yet he still managed to play for:

Lille
    Le Havre
    Troyes
    Wolves
    Burnley
    Celtic
    Norwich
    Blackpool

Among others. He must have duped some managers in to thinking he was an o.k player during his time. Or maybe he wasn't as bad as some think.

I actually agree with the Rat on this, as strange and dirty as it feels.

He wasn't that bad with us. He didn't offer much going forward but he was fairly solid defensively and it was our defensive strength that got us promoted that season.

And that certainly does not mean he's a bad scout. Some of the players that didn't achieve much back in the 70's, 80's and 90's have quite high profile positions within the modern football world.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)