+ Visit Portsmouth FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fratton Park

Fratton Park

With what seems to be an inevitable slide into non-league football, how long can Pompey hang onto Fratton Park?

The vultures are circling and Tesco will undoubtedly wade in with an offer for the site, after relegation is confirmed.

Will Pompey accept the offer and move to a smaller, cheaper ground or will they hang onto Fratton in what would probably be a suicidal move, given current finances?

re: Fratton Park

Quote Originally Posted by pompey_smell
    With what seems to be an inevitable slide into non-league football, how long can Pompey hang onto Fratton Park?

The vultures are circling and Tesco will undoubtedly wade in with an offer for the site, after relegation is confirmed.

Will Pompey accept the offer and move to a smaller, cheaper ground or will they hang onto Fratton in what would probably be a suicidal move, given current finances?
    Wheres this pr!ck sprung up from, there must be a village missing an idiot somewhere!!!

Serious question.

It's obvious that Pompey won't be able to hang on to Fratton in the long term, else they run the risk of financial collapse.

They money could come in really useful and could boost Pompey's fortunes.

So, a quick survey. Given the choice would you opt to sell Fratton to Developers and move to a smaller ground if it ensured Pompey's survival or would you hang on to Fratton even though it'd mean years in the doldrums and possble financial collapse?

What a load of bollox.
    My advice Smelly, stay off the sauce-you cant handle it.

Scum playing at home and he's trolling around on FF.

Obsessed. He's our bitch. I rest my case.

Quote Originally Posted by Corkhead
    Scum playing at home and he's trolling around on FF.

Obsessed. He's our bitch. I rest my case.
    I would say you're correct.

Quote Originally Posted by pfcsteve72

Wheres this pr!ck sprung up from, there must be a village missing an idiot somewhere!!![/quote

Your right about that, maybe scumhampton is the place missing its Idiot.

What was the point of that post, MHB?

Look what happened to Rushden & Diamonds when they moved to a new, posh-er ground @ Irthlingborough. They disappeared off the face of the footballing map.

No, we will always have our rusting, rotting, heap of materials affectionately known as FP in some guise or another. I don't think there is the will at the current time to move elsewhere - like the New Victory Stadium mooted for Horsea Island. Would that count as moving "offshore" for tax purposes?

The only other place I can realistically think of is down the east hand side of Portsea Island near Great Salterns or Milton Lake.

I think fratton park would blend in nicely in the conference it looks like a non league ground anyway doesn't it ??

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)