+ Visit Wolverhampton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: We Are Promoted

We Are Promoted

bollox to counting chickens, female sandwell fans singing, tempting fate etc. job done. this time next season we will be preparing for the play offs if not top two in the championship.

re: We Are Promoted

Quote Originally Posted by 1_Ron_Saunders
    bollox to counting chickens, female sandwell fans singing, tempting fate etc. job done. this time next season we will be preparing for the play offs if not top two in the championship.
    What,who,where!! Whatever you are drinking Ronald. No, seriously, I think we are there this season, no problem. Next season, whole new ball of wax.

Quote Originally Posted by 1_Ron_Saunders
    So, it is official, good to hear. TBH though, I would believe it would be difficult to find any Wolves' supporter with grave doubts as to your statement, Ron! Well called!

Ron's right ,we will be promoted this season. It's first or second that is the only doubt for me.

I agree with the sentiment, but only when it is mathematically assured, will I believe it and celebrate!

Looks like we will be in the Championship next season and I would think that KJ is even now thinking," can we compete with the likes of Norwich,Palace,WBA,Cardiff,Sunderland or Fulham,three of which seem likey to come down together with those who kept their Championship status.Premature thinking, not at all only 6 games left and with the holiday period to come the new season soon comes up. It is obvious he will have to strengthen and will need about three really experienced guys
    IMO. I would think a class full back, dominant centrehalf another thinking midfielder and possibly another striker that we can swap for Clarke! Moxey will be busy trying to offload thecarpetbaggers.

Yes promotion looks to be on the cards, but should we be concerned?

We have had a great season, top of the league, only lost five games and only let in twenty five goals.

But in reality, in our position and club size, we should be beating the team at the bottom of the league. We should also be beating the likes of Crawley and Gillingham. No disrespect to those clubs, but we should be putting them away.

I have mentioned it before, the Manager must already be looking to strengthen for next season or we might be in another relegation scrap. Whoever comes down will be strong, even though they will have their prize assets stripped away by promoted clubs.

It has been one of our failings for years, that we can often beat the better teams, but seem to struggle to obtain the motivation to batter the teams near the bottom or lower leagues.

you lot worry too much. in all four of our leagues so called bigger and better teams lose to those that they shouldn`t. Having roger johnson and doyle back will give us the extra quality needed at the back and up front. just need a decent championship quality addition in midfield to push us on. i reckon mark davies would relish a return, just as clarky has.

Its April 2 Ron not the first !

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)