+ Visit Wolverhampton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T FAO Dorset

O/T FAO Dorset

From the look of this live cam at Dawlish it appears that the line is not open for use yet, is this true? Also I see that there is going to be Steam trains running on the 10th, do you know what the timings of these runs are on this stretch of line?

Cheers mate.

re: O/T FAO Dorset

The first train is this Friday with the 05.55 train from Exeter St davids to Paignton...theres talk of a party of big wigs coming up on the first train out of London to Dawlish but nothing confirmed so far..
    Yes there is a steam train down through and back on Thursday 10 April.. no times yet but I will post them on here as soon as they are out. Its going to be LNER A4 Class No 60007 Sir Nigel Gresley ..
    Times are generally released a week or so before the trip but can be late..
    There has recently been a new site that you can watch the progress of a train introduced, I will put a link on here when the times for steamer are announced.
    The general site used for times is the link below.

Anything else you or anybody needs to know just ask mate..

Cheers - view external link

Quote Originally Posted by DorsetGoldandBlack2
    The first train is this Friday with the 05.55 train from Exeter St davids to Paignton...theres talk of a party of big wigs coming up on the first train out of London to Dawlish but nothing confirmed so far..
    Yes there is a steam train down through and back on Thursday 10 April.. no times yet but I will post them on here as soon as they are out. Its going to be LNER A4 Class No 60007 Sir Nigel Gresley ..
    Times are generally released a week or so before the trip but can be late..
    There has recently been a new site that you can watch the progress of a train introduced, I will put a link on here when the times for steamer are announced.
    The general site used for times is the link below.

Anything else you or anybody needs to know just ask mate..

Cheers
    Thanks a bunch Dorset. I have spare laptops set up, both at the office and at home, continually showing the stream. Takes all sorts eh !

If Im in Dawlish when a steamer goes through(and theres every chance of that!!) I will go up to where the camera is and give you a wave!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DorsetGoldandBlack2
    If Im in Dawlish when a steamer goes through(and theres every chance of that!!) I will go up to where the camera is and give you a wave!!!!
    Nice one, Dorset! I must say that your enthusiasm, supported by Woody and others has got me quite hooked on trains.

I watched the link for a short time this morning and there were workmen walking along the track. Also some sort of 'rig' on the nearer rail which appeared to be transporting equipment. The general impression was that this was the final clear up.

Terrific to see it all live!

Yes I reckon thats what it is..just tidying up now..The thing you saw Wokes was probably a Road/Rail JCB type of machine..they are used a lot as they are so adaptable.
    There have been some engineering trains down through there so to all intents and purposes it open but I think the signalling has to be fully tested .That might be tomorrow just to iron out any problems as its not been used for a couple of months.

Am I wrong in saying that there is no other way into Paignton by train than via Dawlish?

Quote Originally Posted by WOODLANDSWOLF
    Am I wrong in saying that there is no other way into Paignton by train than via Dawlish?
    No just realized that is wrong, you can go North via Newton Abbott. Just traced the line back with Google Maps.

No only one route into Paignton..

Theres been a big topic with the sea wall problems over the last two months about abandoning the sea wall..

There were 2 routes to further west than Exeter, the Southern route via Okehampton to Plymouth, most of the track bed is still there but Meldon Viaduct is in need of a huge amount of work to get it back to main line standards and there was a line that went inland from Alphington,about mile and a half ouitside St Davids,this went down the Teign Valley and came back to the main line at Newton Abbot. The line is still used up to Heathfild but nearer Exeter the trackbed has been built over so I dont think either of the old lines will re-open.
    It would be such a shame if the sea wall didnt see trains in the future but I think its safe for many years yet.

I seem to have lost the live feed from Dawlish sea wall. Is it just me?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)