+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Have Forest written off this season?

Have Forest written off this season?

Seems a very strange decision to a new manager who is going to start in July - does that mean they have effectively written off this season already?

What happens if Gary Brazil gets them into the play-offs and they pull-off a shock win? Its happened before in the play off lottery.

Does he take the club to the Premier League then hand over the reins to the Chosen One and meekly return to running the Academy?

Very odd.

re: Have Forest written off this season?

Quote Originally Posted by StarterForTen
    Seems a very strange decision to a new manager who is going to start in July - does that mean they have effectively written off this season already?

What happens if Gary Brazil gets them into the play-offs and they pull-off a shock win? Its happened before in the play off lottery.

Does he take the club to the Premier League then hand over the reins to the Chosen One and meekly return to running the Academy?

Very odd.
    Also, should that happen, will they still want Pearce when they would they be a much more appealing option for other managers.

Would they replace him before he's even held a training session.

Sounds implausible, but you never know with Fawaz et al?

More to the point who gives a **** what they are doing!!

you get the impression that when Fawaz originally approached Pearce, he said he'd love to manage them but couldn't because of his TV commitments/family reasons/painting his bathroom ceiling/etc (delete as appropriate!).
    When they realised that no one else was actually interested, they've gone back to Pearce in a bit of a panic and offered him the job for next season without really giving any thought to the possible implications if Brazil does pull off a miracle and get them promoted...certainly doesn't seem to be any evidence of a plan - then again, given the number of managers they've gone through recently, long-term planning doesn't seem to play any part...

I agree it's very odd.

Only thought is it's to passify the fans as their seems no other reasoning considering they don't know for sure what the clubs situation will be. They must be pretty confident the season is over.

Quote Originally Posted by eamonnram
    More to the point who gives a **** what they are doing!!
    Oh - I so miss the "Like" button - or in this case the "Like it so much it hurts" button

It seems to go largely unnoticed that Fawaz never gets his first choice.Prior to the Messiahs second coming they had 3 other managers, and were turned down by a few more, including Roy Keane, McCarthy and Fergie Jr. This time round since BD was booted because he was useless, Warnock turned it down, as did Malky McKay. Yet Warnock was approached within 24 hours, and they had Lee Peltier already parking his car at the dump, yet all along Pearce was first choice, or rather the "right man"???

Fawaz is clueless, and thinks by signing ex Forest boys like Pearce, he will win the fans over, and appear to be listening to them. He brought BD back after claiming he was first choice, yet BD was origoinally over looked in favour of many more.

Pearce is unproven at any level, he has achieved nothing of merit in his managerial career, even with a very good crop of U21s. He has inherited a squad of decentish players, but with the BD ethos instilled in them. There is still clearly a massive question

Jesus christ you lot are absolutely obsessed. I will await the predictable "circus club" like response used to try and justify the reason you simply can not stop talking about us.

Chilli a link please to where Roy Keane and Fergie JR turned us down. And please let Malky know that he turned us down as last week he said he hasn't even spoke to us but can't do anything with any club until his settlement is sorted with Cardiff. His words not mine, so please do contact him and let him know that isn't true and he rejected an offer of employment from us. I will wait for the links to your other claims, I will be waiting a ling time no doubt.

[quote="HobbsHeader" like response used to try and justify the reason you simply can not stop talking about us.

Chilli a link please to where Roy Keane and Fergie JR turned us down. And please let Malky know that he turned us down as last week he said he hasn't even spoke to us but can't do anything with any club until his settlement is sorted with Cardiff. His words not mine, so please do contact him and let him know that isn't true and he rejected an offer of employment from us. I will wait for the links to your other claims, I will be waiting a ling time no doubt.[/quote]

Off to work now, but will dredge up a few articles later.

We are not obsessed with your club, at least I am not. What I am interested in, is my local rivals decline, and absolutely shocking disintegration. Its not me making wild, absurd claims like Champions league football in 5 years.

Very q

[quote="HobbsHeader" like response used to try and justify the reason you simply can not stop talking about us.

Chilli a link please to where Roy Keane and Fergie JR turned us down. And please let Malky know that he turned us down as last week he said he hasn't even spoke to us but can't do anything with any club until his settlement is sorted with Cardiff. His words not mine, so please do contact him and let him know that isn't true and he rejected an offer of employment from us. I will wait for the links to your other claims, I will be waiting a ling time no doubt.[/quote]

Firstly, you need to change your user to brysonshattrick

Secondly, we are not talking about you, we are taking the **** out of you. Personally I don't care who your manager is.. Every year you come spouting **** on here with we are gonna do the double over you and this is our year... I'm s

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)