+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Barker ... What's happening.

Barker ... What's happening.

This has gone very very quiet.

From being out for the rest of the season, to a year to 18 months and now over 2 years.

We all saw the pictures a few month back and nothing.

Now if he's not to play again, or retire, then wouldn't it be a nice move by the club to maybe at the last game of the season come on for a five minute cameo role?

I hoped they would do the same for riggot bit never did.

re: Barker ... What's happening.

A nice idea Ratts, but regarding what's happening I think most of us knew he wasn't going to play competitive football again.

Quote Originally Posted by Rattea
    Now if he's not to play again, then wouldn't it be a nice move by the club to maybe at the last game of the season come on for a five minute cameo role?
    well that's a good oxymoron rat.

personally I've always thought he'll never play again and I still don't think he will. just a matter of time before he ends up on the coaching staff.

shame because he was a bloomin good defender and we could do with some competition for Keogh who defended woefully for boro's goal yesterday. not for the first time recently.

Yes it would of been a very nice gesture to let Chris Riggot have a cameo, but listening to his interveiw on Radio Derby when he left, he was NEVER going to get a cameo let alone a game due to Cloughs lack of man management and mardiness, accused Clough of blanking him and ignoring him i beleive, (not the first one to accuse Clough of this either)

Wonder if we can claim on the insurance for him? To be honest it was very obvious and I kept saying that he would never b play for Derby again... The knee cap was twisted underneath his leg, so all the tendons etc were effectively cut, ruptured and severly strained.

Not many younger players would have come back from that never mind someone approaching 32 in September.

Hopefully he may stay on to help coach the defensive players at the club.

The answer is yes as it's when the injury is sustained and the insurance in place then ... If there was any in place?

I think and not sure that if he's a player if it's calle in the premium is higher.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)