+ Visit Portsmouth FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Game of Thrones

re: Game of Thrones

I was quite excited by True Detective as I like both McConaghey and Harrelson, but I gave up after half an episode as it seemed really painful. Should I have stuck with it then?

Could always go back and do it on the old Sky OD.

Seems to be conflicting reports regarding whether it's just the whole series or just the first episode. The next episode should be shown next Monday at 9pm if not (and it should be a good one!)

I enjoyed the first episode. The Dany stuff was a bit boring but The Hound's bit was excellent. Oberyn is going to be a good character too.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim
    Oberyn is going to be a good character too.
    You like a bit of male on male action then do ya Jim????

Quote Originally Posted by chiswickmart
    Oberyn is going to be a good character too.
    You like a bit of male on male action then do ya Jim????[/quote]

Haha! Of course. Who doesn't like it when two men's sharp steel clashes together? There's plenty of that in GoT this season but I wouldn't want to spoil it for you!

I was quite excited by True Detective as I like both McConaghey and Harrelson, but I gave up after half an episode as it seemed really painful. Should I have stuck with it then?

Could always go back and do it on the old Sky OD.
    Go back to it on Ye Olde Skye OD, yes, stick with it.

It's slow but compelling. Dark and twisted.

Cheers for the heads up Jim. Is it just a one off or will it be at that time every week?
    I set my Shky Plush up for the series record at that time and it seemed happy to do it.

As an aside, the Missus and I are now working our way through Breaking Bad (currently halfway through series 2). I'm surprised how much she's enjoying it, kids were away yesterday so we did 4 episodes on the bounce. She never does that!!

Think I still prefer G of T though.[/quote]

Wow,sounds like our house!

Me and the Mrs have just finished series 3 of Breaking Bad...brilliant series and we are totally hooked

Word of warning though,when you get to an episode called Fly in series 3,it is really boring...nothing happens, but stick with it as it gets back to brilliant again in the following episodes

Game of thrones is next for us after series 5 of BB

Yeah a mate of mine said that Series 3 of BB is not as good but it picks up massively for 4 and 5.

Still not entirely sure Game of Thrones is for the ladies, I don't actually know any who are watching it.

I'm looking forward to the return of [i]'Keeping Up With the Kardashians'

I would agree series 3 isn't as good in general, but there are some really good episodes in there...it gets more serious and less humorous as you go on

Heard 4 and 5 are superb

I will be gutted when we reach the end as it's the best series I have ever seen and we always do 2/3 episodes at a time...you cant help it

The other series I rate as highly would be Boardwalk Empire (particularly the first 2 series). In terms of brilliant dialogue and jaw dropping scenes that has it all.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)